The heat is on! Boy, is it on… We’re all in need of a cool-down and who else but NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com and Delaware Hop Scene can give it to you? Nobody, that’s who! Enjoy some of these cool beer-centric summer activities we’ve compiled for you this week! Check out what frothy, refreshing things are going on from Wednesday, August 17th through Tuesday, August 23rd. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene! Stay cool and hydrated (with beer)!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, August 17th
Experience 3rd Wave Brewing Company’s second dinner with the great Chef Dan at Nordstrom Grill in the Christiana Mall! Enjoy a 4-course meal featuring some of our favorites and new seasonals for the summer! $60 per person and tickets available in advance!
- $3 Wednesdays at Iron Hill Brewery in Newark
- Ernest & Scott Taproom hosts a Dogfish Head beer Analog A-Go-Go Happy Hour starting at 4 p.m.
- $2 Mug Night at Kid Shelleen’s
- Movies on Tap: The Goonies at Penn Cinema
Movies on Tap features a meet-and-greet tasting opportunity with some of the area’s most beloved breweries and their brewers while providing a rare opportunity to view cult-classic films on the big screen. This month’s movie is “The Goonies” and the featured brewery is 2SP Brewing Company in Aston, PA. Attendees will have a unique opportunity to hang out with the local brewer; sample and learn about its beer; and then watch this classic film of pre-teen adventure — all for a good cause. Tickets are $20 which includes beer samples, movie, and popcorn with proceeds benefiting the Food Bank of Delaware.
THURSDAY, August 18th
- Bend and Brew series continues at Constitution Yards Beer Garden
Real Flexi hosts a Bend and Brew each Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at Constitution Yards Beer Garden throughout the summer and into October. Tickets are $15 and include class and a beer! Reserve your spot today!
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Mug Night at the Stone Balloon Ale House
- $2 off growler fills at Peco’s Liquors
- Dogfish Head Analog-A-Go-Go Happy Hour at Pizza by Elizabeths
- Beer:30 at the Blue Rocks game
Every Thursday night game from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. on the Dogfish Deck in the first base picnic area, fans will be able to take advantage of special discounts on Dogfish Head craft beers, wine and food! Join us for Beer:30 at Frawley Stadium!
FRIDAY, August 19th
- Battle of the Bartenders to Support the Newark K-9 Unit at the UD Courtyard Marriott
Come out and support your local Newark Police K-9 Unit at this furry fundraiser on the patio of the Courtyard Marriott. The Battle of the Bartenders will pit eight local restaurants’ bartenders in a series of competitions. Each restaurant will offer food samples, unique drinks, and specialty items. The bartenders will battle for sales and tips to be the winner of the Paco Cup, named in memory of Newark’s first K-9 officer. All tip and drink sales will be donated. There are raffle tickets and other games to help raise money for this worthy cause. All ages are welcome to join in on the fun. There will even be a dunk tank on site! There is no entry charge, but bring money to donate to help!
- Teachers’ Happy Hour at Bellefonte Brewing Company from 3-5 p.m.
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
- Benefit for the Kennett Flash sponsored by Victory Brewing Company
Come to the Kennett Flash for an evening of Victory Beer and food pairings plus great music and dancing! Enjoy hand-crafted appetizers from Victory Brewing Company paired with 6 select Victory beers. All food and drink provided is included with your ticket ($50). Live music will be provided by Philadelphia 60’s-inspired garage rock band The GTVs and Dj Shadylady will be spinning records. This is an all ages event, but you must be 21+ to drink alcohol.
SATURDAY, August 20th
- Constitution Yards Beer Garden won its hearing and is staying open!
The Wilmington Riverfront has its own seasonal Beer Garden! Constitution Yards features an ever-changing rotation of craft beers, frozen cocktails, classic summer BBQ fare, and plenty of space for backyard games like corn hole toss, bocce, and wiffleball.
SUNDAY, August 21st
- Pop-Up Brunch at Bellefonte Brewery
Join the community pop-up brunch at Delaware’s latest micro brewery! Enjoy some tunes, featured art by local artists Joseph Repetti and Nick Grigsby, a meal made with locally sourced ingredients (dairy, gluten, and soy free), and try a frosty brew made by our friends at Bellefonte Brewing Company! Awakened Living will have freshly made juices available, James Day Coffee Roasters will have a supply of fresh coffee and beans, and Evangelina’s Vegan Desserts will be whipping up something sweet and delicious to satisfy your sweet tooth after your meal! Support local businesses, hang out with your friends and make new ones, and enjoy the good vibes.
- Red Shoe and Brew at the Brandywine Polo Club
The Red Shoe Society of the Ronald McDonald House of Delaware is hosting its fifth annual Red Shoe and Brew at the Brandywine Polo Club! Nestled in the rolling hills of the Brandywine Valley, the Brandywine Polo Club is located in the heart of Chester County’s legendary horse country. Come enjoy food, beer, wine, an auction, live entertainment, a polo match, and more! Proceeds benefit the Ronald McDonald House. This is an adult only event and you must be 21+ to attend.
MONDAY, August 22nd
- 15% off craft beer 6-Packs at Peco’s Liquors
- Late Night Happy Hour at Argilla Brewing Company at Pietro’s Pizza from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Vinyl Monday at Trolley Tap House
- $3 Yards Brewing Drafts Every Monday from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, Two Stones Pub Kennett, and Two Stones Pub Hockessin are pouring Yards Brewing Co. PYNK with proceeds going to the Tyanna Foundation
Yards PYNK is a beer like no other. We add 3,300 pounds of sour and sweet cherries and raspberries to each batch, resulting in a tart berry ale that’s effervescent and pleasantly pink in color. Delighting the palate, this light-bodied brew finishes refreshingly dry. We are proud to donate 1 dollar from every case and 5 cents from every pint of PYNK sold to breast cancer research and awareness. Since 2013, we’ve raised over $18,000 for the Tyanna Foundation!
TUESDAY, August 23rd
- Flight Club at Chelsea Tavern from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark and Two Stones Pub Wilmington
- $3 Mispillion drafts at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here