Celebrate Dad. Dad’s Day is Sunday, June 16th. Yep,(deep breath) it’s that close. Don’t fret, there’s still time to make it momentous. Check out our gift guide for everything DAD. We know every DAD is different but hopefully we’ve captured something of intrigue for DADs of all types and ages. Note: you will find NO TIES listed here!
- When’s the last time you took PHOTOS with dad or of dad? Grab the family(and camera) and go on location to some of our Delaware State Parks. Get clicking! Why not grab him an annual park pass while you’re there?
- Who doesn’t love GIFT CARDS? They make every Dad smile and come in all shapes & denominations to fit every budget. Mix & Match.
- MAN-Basket – get creative! Grab a cooler, stuff it chock full of his favorite snacks, Delaware lottery tickets, candy, LOCAL Beer Growler(Franks or Twin Lakes), nuts, hot sauce, tasty cakes, golf balls, movie tickets, photos, etc.
- How about a _ _ _ _ of the month club? Beer, Nuts, Jerky, Wine, Golf, Bacon – there are so many options to choose and he’ll be reminded of sweet little you each and every month throughout the year. Check out Amazing Clubs for the best selection.
- Celebrity Kitchens Dinner Event – a unique LOCAL dining experience, where guests can enjoy a meal prepared by a master chef right before their eyes. www.celebritykitchens.com
- Have a GRILL daddy? How about the Pit Boss BBQ Tool Belt
- Help Dad transform everyday dishes into off-the-hook plates with the Guy Fieri Food CookBook.
3. SPORTS DAD
- Baseball, Cracker Jacks & Mr. Celery – Wilmington Blue Rocks Baseball Father’s Day package.
- Zoooom with Dad. Indoor Go Cart Racing – MidAtlantic Grand Prix in New Castle Open Sunday: 11am – 8pm www.midatlanticgp.com
- Roll the dice and head out to Delaware Park – 2,500 of the area’s best paying slot machines plus live table games, a Poker Room and a Poker Tournament Room
- Take him Fishing! There are more thank 19 lakes in New Castle County! Check out this list of hot fishing spots.
- FORE the fun of it! Father’s Day Brunch & Golf Specials at Deerfield Public Golf & Grill. Brunch 10am to 2pm and Golf Specials from 1pm to 3pm!
- DAD still have a flip phone or blackberry perhaps? Bring him up to speed…consider an iPhone or Ipad(mini)?
Beats by Dr. DRE – Headphones to tone out all the noise about the house.
- Lifeproof cases for iPad, iPod or iPhone – water proof, dirt proof, snow proof and shock proof.
1. GET UP & GO DAD – GO LOCAL on SUNDAY!
Time is the most precious gift you can give. Better yet, let DAD choose the way for the day…
- Bellevue State Park Concert in North Wilmington – The Philly Party Band Dance Music from Motown to Beyonce 6:30pm
- Grand Finale Night at the St. Anthony’s Italian Festival in Wilmington 2pm-8:30pm – Food, fun & music
- Brandywine Zoo in Wilmington – Celebrating Wild Dads! Enjoy dad’s-day activities and live animal presentations
- Take a leisurely 1½-hour round-trip train ride up the Red Clay Valley to our Mt. Cuba Picnic Grove on the Wilmington & Western Railroad.
- Go for a Sunday Drive with the windows down! Head south to the Delaware Beaches for an afternoon of sand, fun & great people watching. Check out our Beach Road Trip Guide for some great food and attraction ideas.
- Wilmington Blue Rocks Baseball vs Winston Salem Dash 1: 35pm – First 1,000 Fans will receive Blue Rocks Father’s Day T-Shirts presented by DE Health & Social Services.
Above all THANK YOUR Dad & make new memories!