Get ready to break out your Ho, Ho, Ho and festive holiday spirits! North Delaware is host to many community parades from Delaware City to Claymont throughout the 2015 Holiday season. Check out our LOCAL listing and join the Holiday celebrations.
Who doesn’t love a Parade?
Spectators and participants alike! After all, Parades are one of the oldest types of civic and cultural celebrations in the US. The large public processions of lavish floats, thunderous marching bands, festive dance teams, honorary military units, delicately decorated vehicles, perfectly perched pageant winners, local celebrities & dignitaries, boisterous cartoon characters, exciting specialty acts promenade with Santa Claus’ arrival at the parade’s finale typically marking the start of the Christmas and Holiday season.
Here we go again!
Check out North Delaware’s Holiday Parades 2015
Saturday, November 28th
Head into the City on Saturday. The Wilmington Jaycees are host to the 52nd Annual Wilmington Christmas Parade to be held in Downtown Wilmington. Elves will be accepting Christmas wish lists from children for Santa. Children who provide their name and address will receive a response from Santa in December. For more info, visit Wilmington Jaycees Christmas Parade
Friday, December 4th
Winterfest promises to be a wonderful addition to the holiday season. Holiday entertainment, roasting chestnuts, caroling, tree lighting, ice carving demonstrations, and much more will fill this wonderful evening of fun for the whole family. For more info, visit Winterfest | Newark
Saturday, December 5th
Embracing a rich heritage of history and culture, Claymont prides itself on the small-town feel of its main street and neighboring areas. Claymont has been able to preserve its foundation of a tight-knit community offering a truly unique asset to the region. The annual Claymont Christmas Parade is held the first Saturday in December in Claymont. For more info, visit Claymont Community Coalition Christmas Parade 2015
Saturday, December 12th
Delaware City will be hosting a Christmas Parade on December 12th, 2015. Join the festivities, come see the lights and decorations! For more info, visit Delaware City Christmas Parade 2015
Sunday, December 13th
Featuring LOCAL marching bands, dance troupes, fire trucks, color guards, politicians, sports leagues, floats and more! For more info, visit Elsmere Holiday Parade 2015
- Arrive Early for the best spots. If you can’t arrive early, remember sometimes the best views of a parade are off the beaten path. Try watching a parade toward the end of the route or where it turns a corner.
- Scout out parking ahead of time. Usually there’s no parking along the parade route.
- Dress warm. The weather is unpredictable – better to bundle and be too warm than too cold. Bring an umbrella just in case.
- Bring snacks for while you wait – popcorn, goldfish, fruit, etc and water.
- Bring Chairs and Blankets – you never know where you’ll set up camp. Be prepared.
- Bring your letters to Santa. Santa’s postal elves will be along most routes to collect them. Be sure to address letters to Santa Claus, North Pole and include your return address.
- After the parade, consider hanging around town for awhile or go for dinner. That way, you won’t have to fight the crowds and the traffic to get home.