Nothing says Fall like a good ole’ roll in the hay with friends~especially when roasting marshmallows, singing songs and telling scary stories are part of the fun. From Haunted Horror Rides to a Visit at the Good Witches’ House and everything in-between; here’s your guide to the most happening hayrides in and around North Delaware.
Bellevue State Park
Group hayrides are available at Bellevue from September through November. Two wagons leave every hour on the hour during the days and times below.
- Thursdays & Fridays: 10 am–12pm & 5-8pm
- Saturdays: 10 am-8 pm
- Sundays: 10 am-7 pm
Experience an old fashioned hayride through Bellevue State Park! Hayrides last approximately 50 minutes and are followed by an inviting one-hour campfire. Reserve a wagon for your preschool, family reunion, birthday party, scout group or just a crowd of friends! The fee for one wagon is $100. Skewers are provided at the campfire; you supply your own food and beverages. The capacity for one wagon is approximately 20 adults. 2 wagons leave every hour, on the hour. For more information or to schedule a hayride, call the Park Office at (302) 761-6963 .
Each wagon holds about 20 adults. Skewers for the campfire are provided; you supply your own food and beverages. Public hayrides in the evening are available on specific days during the fall. The fee for public Halloween Hayrides is $8 per person; hayrides that also include an activity such as pumpkin painting or candy apple making are $12 per person. Group reservations for public hayrides are limited to six people. Space is limited and preregistration is required by calling (302) 761-6963 (302) 761-6963.
- Candied Apple Making & Hayride~ Friday, October 04, 2013~ 7 PM
- Candied Apple Making & Hayride~ Friday, October 04, 2013~ 6 PM
- Pumpkin Painting & Hayride~ Friday, October 25, 2013~ 6:30 PM
- Wee Fun Club- Fall Colors Hayride~ Thursday, November 07, 2013~ 1 PM
- Wee Have Fun Club- Fall Colors Hayride~ Thursday, November 07, 2013~ 10 AM
- Jingle Bell Hayride~ Saturday, December 14, 2013~ 3 PM
Brandywine Creek State Park
Join the crew for good old-fashioned fun on a hayride around the park followed by a cozy campfire. Bring a blanket, food and beverages (non-alcoholic) and settle in for a 45-minute trip. Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Call (302) 655-5740 to register or reserve a wagon. Cost is $5 per person or $100 for the whole wagon. Each wagon holds approximately 20 adults.
- Two wagons leave on the hour
- Fridays: 6 to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays: 5 to 8 p.m.
Don’t miss our special holiday hayrides!
Friday, October 18 and Saturday, October 19
Join us on a creepy hayride around the park, full of spooks and screams! Finish the night with a campfire. You may bring your own food and beverages. Wear your Halloween costume and add to the fun! Two wagons leave every half-hour from 7-9 p.m. Cost is $7 per person or $100 for the whole wagon.
Veteran’s Day Hayrides
Saturday, November 9
All active and reserve military personnel are welcome to join our wagon free of charge.
Carousel Park Equestrian Park
You won’t find any pumkins here, but you can hop on a tractor-pulled hay ride. 3700 Limestone Road, Wilmington, DE 19808. Phone: (302) 995-7670 (302) 995-7670 . Email: [email protected]. Call or email for the Hayride schedule.
Haunted Horror Hayrides
Fresh, crisp autumn air… The sounds of laughter… The smell of freshly cut hay… There is nothing like a nice, relaxing hayride to take your mind off Frightland’s haunts… After your open air screams are silenced by chainsaw-wielding demons, don’t bother calling for roadside assistance – they will need more than a tow truck to salvage what is left of you.
This is truly the, most frightening haunted hayride in the Delaware. Check it out for yourself on any Friday, Saturday or Sunday evening in October. Please check before you go; attractions may be closed due to weather,
Hayrides at Hagley
Autumn Moon Hayrides
A peaceful ride through the fields and orchards at night provide the perfect opportunity to view the night sky or snuggle with your date on Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights in October.. The Autumn Moon Hayride ends at a campfire with marshmallows to roast and apple cider.
Hayrides to the Witches House
Linvilla Orchards famous Hayride to the Witches’ House is a hayride to visit the friendly Witches’ House in the woods. Our witch tells stories and jokes and gives all of the kids a treat. The hayride ends at a campfire where we provide a sample of our apple cider and marshmallows to roast.
This hayride is especially for young children up to age 10 or 11. It is not a Haunted Hayride. Parents are welcome and encouraged to join their children on the ride. The hayride departs from Pumpkinland and lasts approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- October 11 thru 30 5:30-8 pm
- Sun. thru Thur. 6 & 7 pm only
- Fridays & Saturdays until 8:30pm
White Clay Creek State Park
On Saturdays and Sundays in the fall, take a 50-minute ride through the Possum Hill area of the park. The ride brings you back to an inviting campfire. Groups may bring food and beverages. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Your group may enjoy the campfire for up to one hour. The fee is $90 for a wagon that seats 25. Learn more about White Clay Creek State Park
- Autumn Hayrides Thru White Clay Creek State Park~ Saturday, October 05, 2013~ 4PM
- Afternoon Pizza Party Hayrides~ Saturday, October 05, 2013~ 3PM
- Autumn Hayrides~ Sunday, October 06, 2013
- Singing and S’mores Hayride~ Friday, October 11, 2013~ 6PM
- Autumn Hayrides~ Saturday, October 12, 2013~ 4PM
- Afternoon Pizza Party Hayrides~ Saturday, October 12, 2013~ 3PM
- Autumn Hayrides~ Sunday, October 13, 2013
- Ghost Stories with Ed Okonowicz and Full Moon Hayride~ Friday, October 18, 2013~ 6:30PM
- Autumn Hayrides~ Saturday, October 19, 2013~ 4 PM
- Afternoon Pizza Party Hayrides~ Saturday, October 19, 2013~ 3 PM
- Autumn Hayrides~ Sunday, October 20, 2013
- Afternoon Pizza Party Hayrides~ Saturday, October 26, 2013~ 3 PM
- Autumn Hayrides~ Saturday, October 26, 2013~ 4 PM
- Autumn Hayrides~ Sunday, October 27, 2013
- Autumn Hayrides~ Saturday, November 02, 2013~ 4 PM
- Afternoon Pizza Party Hayrides~ Saturday, November 02, 2013~ 3 PM
- Autumn Hayrides~ Sunday, November 03, 2013
- Autumn Hayrides~ Sunday, November 10, 2013
The Wilmington & Western Railroad
The Wilmington & Western now offers a great new way to enjoy an old family favorite outing. Railroad hayrides offer groups of up to 60 people an opportunity to ride in an open-air setting through the Red Clay Valley on an original freight flatcar converted especially for hayrides. Hayrides are available any evening from September through November subject to availability, and your departure time can be as early as 5:30pm. Chartered hayrides are by reservation only.
Anyone Up for A Roll in the Hay? Most happening #HAYRIDES in & around North #Delaware #thingstodoDE http://t.co/wUui6lWg3h via @sharethis
8 Hot Spots for Hayrides this Fall – roasting marshmallows, singing songs & telling scary stories BOO! #ThingstodoDE http://t.co/50l6XVo7iO
RT @NDelaWHEREHapp: 8 Hot Spots for Hayrides this Fall – roasting marshmallows, singing songs & telling scary stories BOO! #ThingstodoDE ht…
8 Hot Spots for Hayrides this Fall – roasting marshmallows, singing songs & telling scary stories BOO! #Wilmington http://t.co/DH3bPtUCeW
RT @NDelaWHEREHapp: 8 Hot Spots for Hayrides this Fall – roasting marshmallows, singing songs & telling scary stories BOO! #Wilmington http…
White Clay best time/crew “@NDelaWHEREHapp: 8 Hayride Hot Spots: roasting marshmallows, songs, scary stories http://t.co/kCp58OZORM” #netDE