So funny to think back on all the words of wisdom, advice, warning and threats that MOM used to make while we were growing up. What’s even funnier is the realization that now that we’re Mom’s we are using those same words of wisdom, giving the same advice and warnings to our Children. One big difference is the addition of technology; “there will be no texting at the dinner table” and “no more computer for you”.
“The apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree” a term that’s often used when someone resembles or behaves in a similar way to a parent. How far did your apple fall? We dare you to take our “Mom-isim” challenge to find the answer. Here’s a list of out list of 35 “mom-isims” below…be honest…how many of these were used on you? How many have you used on your kids? Please shjare your findings with us.
OUR FAVORITE MOM-ISM’S
1. Don’t Get Smart/Sassy with me!
2. Money Doesn’t Grow on Trees!
3. Because I said so, that’s why!
4. If you make that face for too long, it will stay like that.
5. Who said Life was fair?
6. It’s a Jungle out There.
7. Go ask your Dad.
8. When I was your age …
9. Do you want me to give you something to cry about?
10. What part of NO don’t you understand?
11. Do I look like a maid?
12. I’m not your waitress!
13. I brought you into this world, I will take you out!
14. I hope you have a kid that’s just like you!
15. What IS wrong with you???
16. You’ll miss me when I’m gone one day, trust me.
17. If you want to act like a little shit, go lay in the yard.
18. I’M the MOM!
19. You are driving me out of my mind.
20. You wait until your father gets home.
21. I don’t care who started it!
22. Eat your vegetables!
23. Wait til you have kids then you’ll understand!
24. No Running in the house.
25. There are two options for dinner; take it or leave it!
26. Always wear clean underwear.
27. “I don’t know” is not an answer.
28. No texting at the dinner table!
29. You’re in Time-Out…Grounded.. in Trouble, MR. or little Miss.
30. Don’t touch that.
31. I’m telling your father
32. Don’t make me pull this car over!
33. I’m not asking you, I’m TELLING you.
34. I don’t care what the other kids’ parents said, I said no.
35. If all of your friends jumped off a bridge, would you??