National Beer Month is in full effect with restaurants and bars in North Delaware offering up inviting food and beer escapes from the sweltering heat. Out & About Magazine’s 2nd Annual Wilmington Beer Week is underway and picking up speed . With over 15 of the city’s finest restuarants hosting over 30 events during the 8 day period. Ulysees Gastro Pub, which is not in the “City Limits”, will also hosting a series of dinner and happy hour events during Wilmington Beer Week. The Newark Food and Brew Festival will be rounding out the month of festivities on July 28th.
Check out this list of our favorite beer events for the month, choose wisely!
So Many Events, So Little Time…Is 1 Month Enough?
Many of the Wilmington Beer Week restaurants, such as, Columbus Inn and Piccolina Toscana are offering daily pre-fix lunch and dinner 3 course menus with beer flights or suggested pairings. For a complete listing of events and details click here.
Wednesday July 18th
- Iron Hill Brewery: Head Brewer’s Celebration with Yards Brewery
- Union City Grill: Samual Adams Beer Dinner
- Ernest & Scott Taproom: Dogfish Head Beer Dinner with Special Guest Sam Calagione
- The Green Room: Stone Brewery Beer Dinner
- Dead Presidents: 1st State Backyard BBQ with Sam Calagione from Dogfish Head
- Kid Shelleen’s: Saranac Brewery Beer Dinner
- Ulysees American Gastropub: Dogfish Head Happy Hour with Sam Calagione
Thursday, July 19th
- World Cafe Live @ The Queen: Abita Brewery presents Beers, Brass & a Boil
- Union City Grille: Sierra Nevada Beer Dinner
- Iron Hill Brewery: Brewed in Delaware Beer Dinner
- Piccolina Toscana: Meet the Brewers of Fordham & Old Dominion Breweries
- Columbus Inn: The Last Leinenkugal Big Eddy Imperial IPA Keg Tap
- Dead Presidents: $3.00 Dogfish Head Bottles (every Thursday)
- Ulysees American Gastropub: Evolution Beer Dinner
Friday, July 20th
- Harry’s Seafood Grill: Heavy Seas Happy Hour with Clipper City Brewery
- Deep Blue Bar & Grill: Mexican Fiesta
Saturday, July 21st
- Domaine Hudson: Ommegang Brewery Beer Dinner
- Chelsea Tavern: “Boston Keg Party”, Tap Takeover with Samual Adams Brewery
- Iron Hill Brewery: Beach & Beer Party with Live Music and New Releases
- World Cafe Live @ The Queen: 2nd Annual American Craft beer Event
- Feestdag (Belgium Independence Day), celebrate with PALM specials at these locations: Two Stones Pub, Kildare’s Irish Pub, BBC Tavern, Columbus INN, Toscana, The Nomad, Chelsea Tavern, Ulysses, & Timothy’s Newark
- McGlynns Pub: Craft Bottle Night with discounted craft beer bottles (every Saturday)
Sunday, July 22nd
- Ulysees American Gastropub: First Annual Delaware Beer Brunch with the Guys from Twin Lakes, for more information about this or any other Ulysees event click here
Saturday, July 28th
- The 9th Annual Newark Food and Brew Festival: The much anticipated roaming festival including 17 particpating restaurants offering food tastings with perfectly paired beer. Shopping is also on the agenda for this much anticipated event. Check out all the great shop and vendors . For more information click here.