Celebrate Easter or simply the debut of spring or spring break. Perhaps a beautiful pastel intoxicant; the Pink Bonnet, the chocolate huntier; Easter Bunny Cocktail, or maybe you prefer the the edgier side — Peeps Gone Wild; Peep-Stuffed Jello Shots and for those less inclined to prepare anything…simply be hoppy; Beer with Peeps. Four festive cocktail recipes that’ll have you doing the bunny hop before the weekend is over.
Peeps Gone Wild. The only form required to make the egg portion is the bottom half of one of those cheapo plastic eggs used for Easter hunts. Fill it up and stick a Peep in it. Done. Enjoy. There’s a Kid Friendly version too.
Makes 12-15 Peeps Jelly Shots | Preparation: Spray inside of Easter egg cups (the bottom half of the plastic kind) with bake spray and then wipe down with a paper towel.
- 2 6 oz. vanilla Yoplait yogurt
- 2 envelopes Knox Gelatin
- ¾ cup Pinnacle Cotton Candy Vodka
- ¼ cup water
- 12-15 Peeps
- Add two envelopes of Knox Gelatine to Pinnacle’s Cotton Candy and water. Set aside for about 2-4minutes until gelatin blooms. Transfer mixture to a saucepan and heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add gelatine mixture into yogurt and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Divide yogurt mixture into four bowls and mix in food coloring until desired tint is achieved.
- Pour colors into eggs and insert a peep in the center. The Peeps may need a few pieces of wadded up paper towels stuffed between each peep or on the side egg the carton to keep them erect.
- Transfer fully assembled tray to the refrigerator to chill until set.
- Optional: Using a small star tip and pipe whipped cream on the egg’s edge.
- Use the squat side of the egg.
- To present the jelly shots standing upright, poke a cocktail toothpick through something like small foam board and place Easter Egg Jelly Shots right on top of toothpick.
- To make these kid friendly, replace the vodka with white grape juice or another light-flavored and light-colored juice.
This is not your average pink bonnet. We guarantee it will certainly give you an extra edge for the Easter parade.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 2 dashes of crème de framboise
- White of a small egg
- In a cocktail shaker; add vodka, simple syrup, crème de framboise and your egg white and shake for approximately 30 seconds, which will emulsify the egg.
- Once the ingredients are mixed properly, add half a shaker of ice and shake for an additional 30 seconds to chill the drink.
- Pour into a Martini Glass and serve with a sprig of mint.
Recipe courtesy of www.examiner.com/article/the-pink-bonnet
Easter Bunny Cocktail
- 1 ½ oz dark crème de cacao
- ½ oz vodka
- 1 tsp chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp cherry brandy
Shake creme de cacao and vodka with ice. Strain over ice in a cocktail glass. Top with a float of chocolate syrup and cherry brandy.
Simply Be Hoppy; Beer with Peeps
- 1 any ounce Beer
- 1 any size glass
- 1 peep
Choose your hoppiest flavor, pour in a glass, top with a Peep. Enjoy your Easter.