Don’t forget to Fall Back this weekend – the perfect compliment to Halloween trickery. Take advantage! One extra hour to —- sleep in, relax some, exercise more, play hard, entertain extra or whatever your fall heart desires. Daylight Saving Time(DST) 2015 officially ends on Sunday, Nov 1st at 2 a.m EST.
If you’re an early dozer, don’t forget to set your analog watches and non-digital alarm clocks back one hour before bed time on Saturday, Oct 31st. Unless that is, you want to forget – that’s copacetic too.
Did you know?
- Daylight Saving Time is not observed in Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and most of Arizona.
- The idea of daylight saving was first conceived in 1784 by Benjamin Franklin.
- The Uniform Time Act of 1966 established the system of uniform DST in the United States.
- President George W. Bush signs the Energy Policy Act of 2005 into law extending the dates.
- About 70 countries around the world observe DST.
Source CNN.com – Learn more Fun Facts about DST, visit DST Fast Facts