‘Tis the weekend for holiday celebrations, festivities and DUI Checkpoints.
It’s easy to get comfortable and relaxed with all the great company surrounding you this season – mix that with alcohol and it’s time to Hail a Cab or a Sedan service. If the piggyback, MOM TAXI or sober driver aren’t an option for your door-to-door service, then bookmark this page and remember a sober and safe ride home is always just a phone call away. Who knows, maybe you’ll land a CASH CAB around town. Below we have collected a group of recommended services from LOCALs in the know as well as the DUI Checkpoints scheduled for this weekend in North Delaware. For your added convenience, note that most services today accept Visa/MC/AMEX. Please don’t drink and drive.
At Your Service:
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – Delaware Express – www.delexpress.com
Sedan Service: Open 24 hrs/7 Days, Open Holidays
Specialties: Make your bookings directly from your iPhone! http://delexpress.hudsonltd.net/app/iquick Save this URL to your home screen and you’ll have 24 hour access to our reservation system!
Family Taxi of New Castle, DE – www.familytaxiservice.com
Family Taxi of New Castle, DE provides quality taxi service at reasonable rates. We service all major airports in Delaware, and our courteous and professional drivers can provide fast and reliable transportation service. Your convenience and comfort is our primary concern. Hours: 24/7
Specialities: We provide 15% discount for airport drop off and pickup on a minimum $20 charge. The 15% discount does not apply for flat rates, but we will do flat rates. Our capacity is up to 6 passengers.
at (800) 669-5460.
24/7/365 DAYS A YEAR. Here at Eagle we soar above the rest. “Quick Guaranteed Response” is the hallmark of our business. Our Worldwide reservation network is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. Our chauffeurs are a key factor in the success of our business. Through commitment and courteous service, we have grown to be a worldwide ground transportation leader! No matter the time, the occasion or the location Eagle Chauffeured Services is here
HAIL A CAB/SEDAN TIPS
Tipping: Cabbies & Sedan Services are in the service industry – and drivers, like most service workers — depend largely on gratuities for income. Think as you would a waiter in a restaurant: 15% for expected service, 20% for a great experience and down to 10% for something well less than wonderful. Add $1 per bag that the driver helps you with and $2 per bag for any that are very heavy.
Have your directions ready: You’ve hired a taxi/sedan service, not a field guide. Although many drivers will be familiar with all parts of the area they serve, inevitably there will be gaps in a cabbie’s knowledge. Try to know the major streets of your route or at least a major landmark that the driver will know near your ultimate destination.
There’s an app for that: What if you’re in a place without a significant number of cabs? If you have a smart phone (think iPhone, Android or BlackBerry), apps such as Taxi Magic will bring a cab to YOU in many markets.
DUI CHECKPOINTS THIS WEEKEND
There are four checkpoints scheduled to occur this weekend as follows according to the News.Delaware.Gov website
- Friday, Dec 28th New Castle – (Delaware State Police)
- Saturday, Dec 29th Smyrna- (multi-jurisdictional effort)
- Monday, Dec 31st Wilmington – (New Castle County DUI Task Force)
Preventing impaired driving crashes is a shared responsibility; everyone can do their part to save a life:
- Always plan ahead to designate a non-drinking driver before any party or celebration begins.
- Never get behind the wheel of a car when you’ve been drinking alcohol and never ride with someone who has been drinking – even after just one drink.
- Do not hesitate to take the keys from friends or family members who may be impaired or call a taxi for a friend in need.
- Be a responsible host by always offering alcohol-free beverages and protein rich snacks.
- If you encounter an impaired driver on the road, keep a safe distance and ask a passenger to call 911 (or pull over to a safe location to make the call yourself).
- Remember: prescriptions, over-the-counter medications and illegal drugs also can impair your ability to drive safely.
- Always buckle up, avoid distractions, and practice patience behind the wheel this holiday season.
Source: News.Delaware.Gov website
Check out the Consequences for DUI in Delaware