As the demand at Delaware food banks continues to surpass supply, we must help through the holidays and into 2012. You can make a donation or go to Delaware KIDS (Kids In Difficult Situations) Holiday Food Drive on December 14, 2011 from 5:30-8:30 pm at the James Street Tavern. Phillies Pitcher Vance Worley will make an appearance to highlight his commitment to food security efforts. A minimum donation of $5 is required and you receive a complimenatary drink and appetizers.
200,000 people in the state of Delaware do not have sufficient food each and every day. Of that astronomical number 100,000 are children. This Challenge is also known as food insecurity. I’m disturbed by this number, we’re not talking about a foreign country here, we’re talking about the very weathly State where we live. I realize that times are tough, but if you are considering “Paying It Forward” for the Holidays then consider keeping it local.
In November 2009, Delaware KIDS Fund (Kids in Difficult Situations) was formed with the intention of providing food security to all children & families without sufficient food; Kids cannot flourish without adequate nutrition!
• Bring attention to the ongoing food crisis in Delaware
• Identify responsible and accountable channels of support
• Target gifts to worthy food organizations throughout the State
• Assemble the financial resources to continue and accelerate our efforts
The Front Line organizations that KIDS supports:
• The Bridge of Hope Food Bank – Wilmington, DE
• Cape Henlopen Food Basket – Lewes, DE
• Our Lady of Grace Orphanage – Newark, D
• The Delaware Food Bank – entire First State