Fall Fun for the whole family includes trips to the New Castle County’s most famous farms & parks for pumpkin picking, corn mazes, hayrides, & more! Time is marching on and Halloween is fast approaching. Have you painted your pumpkin yet? Have you been through an 8 acre corn maze? Have you taken your kids on a hayride? How about to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out a pumpkin of their choice?
Have you supported a LOCAL North Delaware farmer this season?
If you answered no to any of the above questions, then you must read on.
BELLEVUE STATE PARK
Group hayrides are available at Bellevue from September through November.
Each wagon holds about 20 adults. Skewers for the campfire are provided; you supply your own food and beverages.
Public hayrides in the evening are available on specific days during the fall. The fee for public Halloween Hayrides is $8 per person; hayrides that also include an activity such as pumpkin painting or candy apple making are $12 per person. Group reservations for public hayrides are limited to six people. Space is limited and preregistration is required by calling (302) 761-6963 (302) 761-6963.
UPCOMING BELLEVUE HAYRIDES
- Group Hayrides Thursday, October 25, 2012 10 a.m.-Noon and 5 -8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Friday, October 26, 2012 10 a.m.-Noon and 5 -8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Saturday, October 27, 2012 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Sunday, October 28, 2012 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Halloween Hayride – FULL Sunday, October 28, 2012 7 – 9 p.m.
- Wee Have Fun Club: Fall Colors Hayride Thursday, November 01, 2012 10 a.m.
- Group Hayrides Thursday, November 01, 2012 10 a.m.-Noon and 5 -8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Friday, November 02, 2012 10 a.m.-Noon and 5 -8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Saturday, November 03, 2012 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Sunday, November 04, 2012 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Thursday, November 08, 2012 10 a.m.-Noon and 5 -8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Friday, November 09, 2012 10 a.m.-Noon and 5 -8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Saturday, November 10, 2012 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Sunday, November 11, 2012 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Thursday, November 15, 2012 10 a.m.-Noon and 5 -8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Friday, November 16, 2012 10 a.m.-Noon and 5 -8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Saturday, November 17, 2012 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Group Hayrides Sunday, November 18, 2012 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
BRANDYWINE CREEK STATE PARK
Old-fashioned hayrides around the park are followed by a campfire and Smores on select days during the fall. Bring a blanket and settle in for a 45-minute trip. Pre-register by calling (302)-655-5740. Hayrides cost $5 per person. Learn more about Brandywine Creek State Park
UPCOMING BRANDYWINE CREEK HAYRIDES
- Moonlight Hayride Friday, October 26, 2012 7 p.m.
- Autumn Hayride Friday, October 26, 2012 6 p.m.
- Haunted Hayride Saturday, October 27, 2012 6, 7 and 8 p.m.
- Moonlight Hayride Friday, November 02, 2012 6 and 7 p.m.
- Veteran’s Day Hayrides Saturday, November 03, 2012 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 p.m.
- Autumn Hayride Saturday, November 03, 2012 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 p.m.
- Moonlight Hayride Friday, November 09, 2012 6 and 7 p.m.
- Moonlight Hayride Saturday, November 10, 2012 5, 6 and 7 p.m.
WHITE CLAY CREEK STATE PARK
On Saturdays and Sundays in the fall, take a 50-minute ride through the Possum Hill area of the park. The ride brings you back to an inviting campfire. Groups may bring food and beverages. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Your group may enjoy the campfire for up to one hour. The fee is $90 for a wagon that seats 25. Learn more about White Clay Creek State Park
Saturdays in October – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Brandywine Hayrides
Celebrate the harvest season with Hagley’s Brandywine Hayrides! Families will enjoy the beautiful fall foliage, create an apple wreath or corn husk doll, and listen to live music. Also see a gunpowder explosion, the roll mill in action, working nineteenth-century machines, and the steam engine.
Help all Delaware families celebrate this harvest season by bringing a donation of canned food for the Food Bank of Delaware. Collection barrels will be in the Visitor Center for the month of October.
Rides leave on the hour and half hour. Activities are included with admission. Free for members and children 5 and under. Use Hagley’s entrance off Route 141
Carousel Park Equestrian Park
You won’t find any pumkins here, but you can hop on a tractor-pulled hay ride. 3700 Limestone Road, Wilmington, DE 19808. Phone: (302) 995-7670 (302) 995-7670 . Email: [email protected] Call or email for the Hayride schedule.
Once they’re picked you can do what you want with them. We won’t Judge you, but we’d like to see the pictures!
COLEMAN’S CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
***NOW OPEN FOR U-PICK PUMPKINS 7 DAYS A WEEK***
550 Silver Run Road, Middletown, De 19709
Open 9am to 5pm
U-Pick pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn, FREE hayrides available to the pumpkin patch on Saturday and Sunday ONLY!
Bring the whole family down and play on their large playground that includes a real painted Indian Tipi!
It’s fun for everyone!
Trick or Treat Weekend October 27-28
Sat & Sun, 10am-5pm
- Corn Maze (Bigger maze for bigger kids & adults)
- Boo Barn (non-haunted for all ages)
- Bale Trail (Straw Maze for all ages)
- MilkySway Tunnel
- Cycle Circle
- Straw Jump
- Tractor Tunnel
- Obstacle Bounce
- Giant Spider Web
- Rope Maze Family Challenge
- Tractor Tire Tower
- Farmyard Playground
- BarnYard Buddies Zoo
- GroundHog Hill
Plus other mini-family fun events!
Fall Festival Admission Fees:
• Ages 2 and under, Free• Seniors age 60 and over, $5
• All others, age 3 to 59, $10
• Groups of 20 or more receive $1 off per person.
• Optional Upgrades Not Included with basic Admission fees:
Paint Ball Shoot Gallery, games, arts & crafts, food & craft vendors, or Pony Rides sponsored by Fairwinds Farm. Pony Rides available October weekends only, 11am-3pm
A variety of vendors will be on hand with tasty treats such as hotdogs, pulled beef, crab cakes, pizza, funnel cakes, french fries, and of course, our Milburn Orchards apple cider and yummy apple cider donuts and giant Royal Gala caramel apples!
Wagons available to rent for the kids (and your pumpkins!) or you are welcome to bring your own.
U-Pick Apples & Raspberries Adventures are normally available every weekend. There is NO admission charge for any “U-Pick” events.
500 Ramsey Road, Wilmington, DE 19803.
Phone: 302 477 1499
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Open weekends till Nov 5th
8 acre Maze…
While you’re lost in the 8 acre maze you’ll learn about agriculture, farmers, and food around the world as you travel from continent to continent and country to country. You’ll learn how new technology and modern farming practices help fewer and fewer farmers feed more people every day! You’ll learn about the agriculture in the countries and states you visit.
Ramsey’s Farm World Corn Maze is fun for young and less young folks alike!
We have an area set up to paint and decorate pumpkins. Paint your pumpkin at the farm and leave the mess with us. Painted pumpkins last much longer than carved pumpkins.
TRACTOR PULLED HAYRIDES
PUMKINS, APPLES, JAMS & JELLIES
Alley Mill Produce
1734 Alley Mill Road, Clayton, DE 19938-9470.
Phone: (302) 653-3953
Harvested Pumpkins available. Email: [email protected] Directions: Rt. 6 W. From Clayton First Road to the Right (Alley Mill Rd.) Open: May-November.
1343 Bunker Hill Rd. Middletown, DE 19709.
Harvested Pumpkins, Christmas items, Christmas trees, Cider, Indian corn, Hay rides (day/evening) Birthday Parties; School . Email: [email protected] Directions: Off Rt. 301 south, west of Middletown. 2 Miles down Bunker Hill Road. U-pick pumpkins in October! Check out their Pumpkin cooking classes the 1st Sunday after Halloween & Cindi’s Sale – Super Bowl weekend.
102 E. Somerdale Rd. Middletown, DE 19709
Phone: (302) 378-8267 (302) 378-8267 .
The area’s best haunted attraction brought to you by individuals that are devoted to giving you the fright of your life. You won’t be disappointed! Gourds, Indian corn, Pumpkins. Email: [email protected] Directions: Located on Rt. 13 and Port Penn Rd. in Middletown, DE; 1 mi. south of the St. Georges Bridge. Open: Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in October.
Locust Grove Farm& Garden Center Inc.
1084 Bethel Church Rd
Middletown, DE 19709
Phone: (302) 376-0849 (302) 376-0849
Harvested Pumpkins, Christmas items, Christmas trees, Cornstalks, Garden centers, Greenhouse, Mums. Directions: From 896 take Rt. 15 Bethel Church Rd., and it’s the first farm on the left Open: April-Christmas Daily (except Wed.) 10-6.
2121 Veale Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19810
Phone: (302) 475-5754 (302) 475-5754
Harvested Pumpkins, Baked goods, Christmas items, Christmas trees, Cider. Email: [email protected] Directions: From I-95, take exit 10 (Harvey Rd.); go left at fork in the ramp on to Harvey Rd.; turn left on to Veale Rd. Open: May-Dec 25, daily, 8am-6pm.
Money’s Farm Market
P.O. Box 971 Middletown, DE 19709
Phone: (302) 376-6235
Harvested Pumpkins, Christmas trees, Cider . Directions: 2 Miles south of Wawa/Lowes on 301 South Open: May 1 to October 31, then open in December for Christmas Trees
New Castle Farmers Market
110 N. DuPont Highway, New Castle, DE 19702
Phone: (302) 328-4102
Harvested Pumpkins, Christmas items, Christmas trees & Cider available. Directions: Rt. 13 & intersection Rt. 273 New Castle Open: year round! Friday & Saturday 10 am to 10 pm, Sunday 10 am-6 pm.
Newark Natural Foods Farmers Market
280 E. Main St. Newark, DE 19711
Phone: (302) 366-1577
Indian corn, Jams and Jellies, Pumpkins. Directions: Exit Rt. 273 to Newark off 95. Follow 273 until it turns into Main St, Newark. At the 2nd light turn right into Market East Plaza. Open: May-October Sundays 10 am to 2pm.
4092 DuPont Parkway, Townsend, DE 19734
Phone: (302) 378-8441
Harvested Pumpkins, Christmas items, Christmas trees & Cider available. Open: Jan-Dec, Daily 8 am-7 pm