High speed fun for everyone in the Capitol City! The Chase is on in the First State as another tripleheader weekend of NASCAR action returns! The 3rd event in the 10-race Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup at the Monster Mile will help pave the way toward a Series championship, highlighted by a weekend of chaotic action on the one-mile, concrete oval. But anyone that has ever been to a race weekend at Dover International Speedway knows the action goes far beyond the track, as the entertainment outside the oval is non-stop all weekend long. From the action in the FanZone and Monster FunZone, to driver appearances and autograph sessions, FREE concerts and so much more, race weekend at the Monster Mile is a true party!
Check out the listing below for all the great activities
Hint: many outside the track are FREE and open to the public.
FREE, interactive displays will be set up in the FanZone, featuring a number of partners such as: the Sprint Unlimited Experience, the AAA Experience, 5-hour ENERGY, the Delaware Office of Highway Safety, FedEx, the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience (Go Karts), SPEED TV, ACME Markets, Camping World, GM, M&T Bank, New Holland, Budweiser and more.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 26
4-6 p.m. (parade begins at 6 p.m.) NASCAR Hauler Showcase and Parade
Fans are invited to the Blue Hen Corporate Center, located at 655 S. Bay Road, just 4 miles south of the Monster Mile on Route 113, to see the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series haulers before they take off at 6 p.m. on a parade route through Downtown Dover. The event is FREE and open to the public.
Click here to purchase tickets for the “Drive Sober 150” NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race.
- 11:15 a.m FREE Q&A with NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Austin Dillon at the Chevy Stage in the FanZone
- 1-2 p.m. FREE NASCAR K&N Pro Series East autograph session. Before taking the to the track for the “Drive Sober 150” presented by the Delaware Office of Highway Safety NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race, the up-and-coming stars of the series will meet with fans for a free autograph session in the FanZone. Autographs are given on a first-come, first-served basis, so arrive early!
- 1:15pm FREE Q&A with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Paul Menard at the Chevy Stage in the FanZone
- 4:45 p.m. “Drive Sober 150” presented by the Delaware Office of Highway Safety NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race.
- 7pm-9pm “Dialed In with Claire B. Lang live from the Monster Mile” Be part of a live, studio audience for the popular SiriusXM NASCAR Radio show “Dialed In with Claire B. Lang” Friday night in the Rollins Center at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kevin Harvick and Jeff Burton, along with other NASCAR drivers and personalities, will join Lang throughout the evening to preview the weekend’s action. Admission is a $5 donation to USO Delaware in advance of the event. All proceeds benefit USO Delaware and you do not need to have race tickets for the weekend to attend. Tickets to attend the show must be purchased in advance as they will not be sold at the door. To purchase tickets, call 800-441-RACE or visit DoverSpeedway.com.
Click here to purchase tickets for the NASCAR Nationwide Series race.
- 8:30-9 a.m. Yoga on the Track, featuring NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Clint Bowyer Living Beyond Breast Cancer and 5-hour ENERGY will host a “Yoga on the Track” event with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Clint Bowyer on the grass inside Turn 1 of the track. Ticket holders for the day’s “5-hour ENERGY 200 benefiting Living Beyond Breast Cancer” NASCAR Nationwide Series race are invited to the FREE, half hour of yoga instruction designed to raise awareness for Living Beyond Breast Cancer. Fans can enter at Gate 18.
- 8:30-9:30 a.m 5-hour ENERGY Open Track Session, featuring FREE Q&A sessions with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kevin Harvick and Clint Bowyer Ticketholders for the Sept. 28 NASCAR Nationwide Series race will have the opportunity to walk the frontstretch of the Monster Mile the morning of the race, as well as participate in FREE, Q&A sessions with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kevin Harvick and Clint Bowyer, at the Open Track Session. Fans can enter at Gate 18 by presenting their ticket, which will be rescanned on the way out so it permits entrance to the race later that day.
- 10 a.m. FREE NASCAR Nationwide Series autograph session, featuring Travis Pastrana, Trevor Bayne and others NASCAR Nationwide Series stars Travis Pastrana and Trevor Bayne will be joined by other drivers from the series for a FREE autograph session in the FanZone. Fans are encouraged to arrive early, as autographs will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 10-10:30 a.m. FREE autograph session with NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Eric McClure at the ACME display in the FanZone
- 11 a.m. FREE Q&A session with NASCAR Nationwide Series Driver Trevor Bayne on the Monster Monument.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. The Fortunatos perform live on the Victory Plaza stage
- 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monster FunZone Located outside of Turn 4 near the Monster Monument, this popular, family friendly area provides FREE admission and loads of fun. Some attractions include racing simulators, face painting, prize drawings, moon bounces, show car displays, interactive games and rock climbing, just to name a few!
- 3:30 p.m. “5-hour ENERGY 200 benefiting Living Beyond Breast Cancer“ NASCAR Nationwide Series race In one of the tightest points battles in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in years, drivers like Austin Dillon, Regan Smith, Sam Hornish Jr. and more will battle for important late-season points on the one-mile, concrete oval. But they’ll have their hands full, as a group of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series regulars are sure to be ready to challenge them for the win.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 29
Click here to purchase tickets for the “AAA 400” NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
Amp up your race morning in the Monster Mile Club, featuring Q&As with Kevin Harvick and Jamie McMurray
Take your Sunday race morning to the next level by spending it in the Monster Mile Club. This add-on includes appearances and Q&A sessions with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kevin Harvick and Jamie McMurray; a limited edition souvenir; a Trackside Access pass, allowing you to walk the frontstretch of the track Sunday morning; continental breakfast; catered lunch and beverage service with Anheuser-Busch and Pepsi products; official souvenir program; live entertainment; interactive games; and prize drawings. SiriusXM NASCAR Radio’s Pat Patterson will also drop by to chat with fans and interview McMurray. To purchase passes to the Monster Mile Club, call 800-441-RACE or click here.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Monster FunZone Located outside of Turn 4 near the Monster Monument, this popular, family friendly area provides FREE admission and loads of fun. Some attractions include racing simulators, face painting, prize drawings, moon bounces, show car displays, interactive games and rock climbing, just to name a few!
- 10: 20am FREE Q&A with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Jeff Burton at the Chevy Stage in the FanZone
- 10:25-10:40 a.m. FREE Q&A with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Greg Biffle at the 3M display in the FanZone
- 10:40 a.m. FREE Q&A session with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Ryan Newman on the Monster Monument Before taking to the track for the day’s “AAA 400″ NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, Ryan Newman, driver of the No. 39 Chevrolet and this year’s Brickyard 400 winner, will participate in a free question-and-answer session that is open to the public on the Monster Monument.
- 10:50 a.m. FREE Q&A with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Danica Patrick at the Chevy Stage in the FanZone
Award-winning country music duo Thompson Square will perform a free concert for fans prior to the day’s race on the Victory Plaza stage. The reigning ACM and CMA “Vocal Duo of the Year” will entertain outside the track before heading inside to kick the race off with their rendition of the National Anthem.
2 p.m. “AAA 400” NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race
The third race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup speeds into Dover for 400 miles of epic racing, with 12 drivers in a field of 43 all looking to take the checkers and propel themselves that much closer to a championship. Brad Keselowski made his way to Sunoco Victory Lane last year, en route to his first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship, but the unpredictable nature of the Monster Mile could see any driver win, and could make or break the championship hopes for many.
Schedule and events are subject to change.
Tickets still available!
Great seats still remain for the Sept. 27-29, 2013 race weekend, featuring the Sept. 29 “AAA 400” NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race; the Sept. 28 NASCAR Nationwide Series race; and the Sept. 27 “Drive Sober 150” presented by the Delaware Office of Highway Safety NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race. For tickets or more information, call 800-441-RACE or click here.
Sept. 27-29, 2013 Fan Guide
To view or download a copy of the Fan Guide for the Sept. 27-29, 2013 race weekend, click here.
Both Premium Camping and Tent Camping are located in Lot 9, in close proximity to the track’s FanZone and Monster Monument in Victory Plaza. Fans that stay on-site can easily experience all the Monster Mile has to offer all weekend long, including free autograph sessions, driver question-and-answer sessions, the family friendly Monster FunZone, live music and more. – To reserve your Premium Camping or Tent Camping spot for race weekend, call the Dover ticket office at 800-441-RACE.
Dover International Speedway Illustrated Facility Map
Familiarize yourself with the property at Dover International Speedway before race weekend with our illustrated facility map. Click here to check it out and figure out where to have all of your fun race weekend.
Monster Mile Crash Course
If this is your first time visiting Dover International Speedway, click here to watch the Monster Mile Crash Course, a brief series of videos that can guide you through all you need to know about race weekend.
Delaware Auto Racing Exhibit
The Delaware Auto Racing Exhibit is on display from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday through Sunday of race weekend at the Seaford Museum, 203 High St., Seaford, Del. Based on the book of the same name written by Chad and Wayne Culver, the exhibit is hte first in the region to showcase the rich history of motorsports in Delaware and on the Delmarva Peninsula. It features photographs, racing parts and pieces, uniforms, trophies, models, paper artifacts and helmets dating from 1915 to present day. Admission to the exhibit is $5 for adults, and free for children ages 12 and younger when accompanied by an adult.
In town for the weekend and out for FUN?
Check out our FAV Bubba’s Rock Shack!
Get the latest & greatest on Facebook @Bubba’s Rock Shak
Bubba’s Rock Shak is walking distance from the Dover Speedway & most campsites.