What are you fixin’? Loading up on Crowd pleasing finger foods or are you going Emeril style? Appetizers, Snacks, Starters, Quick Hits, Nibbles, Hors d’oeuvre, whatever you call them…we want to know. Share your recipes with NDH! We will post them for all to see and share. Help us build our interactive menu! Afterall… FOOD TIME is just as important as game time on this special DAY. Right?
- Pigs in a blanket, Deviled Eggs, Kebabs, Wings, Chili, Dips, Meatballs, Tomato Pie, Nachos, Pretzels, Pickles…
- Don’t forget desserts! Cookies, brownies, cakes…
- Oh my & Drinks too – Beer, Bloody Marys and Mimosas
What will you share? Send your entries to [email protected] We will post them all with credits to the CHEF!
HOT CRAB DIP!
Submitted by Tracy Zigman
This is an all time favorite shared with many…grabbed originally in 2002 from the AOL Kraft Recipes site and has morphed into my own. I’m one of those that can’t really follow a recipe verbatim rather add my own touches otherwise it’s no fun! Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 8 0z package of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup minimum of parmesan cheese – grated or fresh
- 1 sweet onion, chopped(optional)
- 1/4 cup of mayo or miracle whip(MW is slightly sweeter)
- 1/4 cup of white wine or apple juice(I cook with wine…sometimes I even add it to the recipe)
- 2 tspns of sugar(lighter if you use miracle whip instead of mayo)
- 1 tspn of ground mustard(don’t have ground ok to add regular mustard – go light!)
- 1 tspn of garlic, chopped(don’t have chopped than use garlic spread)
- 1 8 oz can of lump crabmeat(or more you can never have enough crab!)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds(optional)
Directions – heat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients except crabmeat and almonds in medium bowl until well blended. Then stir in crabmeat. Spread mixture into ungreased pie plate 9 x 1 1/4 inches or shallow 1 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake uncovered 15-20 mins or until hot and bubbly. Serve with crackers – Enjoy!
Submitted by Superbowl CHEF, Dana Cronin
4 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
17 ounces potato & cheese pierogies (Mrs. T Frozen pierogies, 1 pkg)
- Preheat oven to 400, spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray
- In bowl, mix hot sauce, oil, chili powder. Add frozen Piergoies, toss until covered. Bake until golden and crisp about 20 minutes, turn after 10 mins
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks