If you could put aside a day to cheer for beer, you would. What could you do with an entire week devoted to beer? Now’s the time to find out! It’s Beer Week in Wilmington so NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com and Delaware Hop Scene have compiled a bevy of beer-centric activities for you to enjoy! Check out what refreshing craft brew-inspired things are going on from Wednesday, November 9th through Tuesday, November 15th. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
Information about the sixth annual Wilmington Beer Week can be found here. Participating restaurants include:
- BBC Greenville
- Buckley’s Tavern
- Chelsea Tavern
- Dead Presidents Pub & Restaurant
- Ernest & Scott Taproom
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
- Kelly’s Logan House
- Kid Shelleen’s Charcoal House and Saloon
- Pizza by Elizabeths
- Trolley Tap House
- Two Stones Pub Wilmington
- Washington Street Ale House
- World Cafe Live at The Queen
The weeklong celebration will showcase 60 craft breweries while featuring dinners, tap takeovers, meet the brewers, prizes, and more.
WEDNESDAY, November 9th
- $3 Wednesdays at Iron Hill Brewery in Newark
- Wilmington Beer Week: Iron Hill Brewery Wilmington Six Degrees of Bacon Dinner
- $2 Mug Night at Kid Shelleen’s
- Wilmington Beer Week: Make Your Own Beer Sampler Flight at BBC Greenville (through Saturday)
Wilmington Beer Week: Bell’s Brewery Week at Trolley Tap House (through Saturday)
Wilmington Beer Week: Build-UR-Own Flight $10 + Pre-Fixe Lunch & Dinner Menus at Ernest & Scott (through Saturday)
Wilmington Beer Week: Weyerbacher Week at Kid Shelleen’s (through Saturday)
Wilmington Beer Week: Darker the Beer, The Sweeter the Juice! at Logan House (through Saturday)
Wilmington Beer Week: Lagunitas Brewing Week at Washington Street Ale House (through Saturday)
Wilmington Beer Week: Heavy Seas Beer Week at Buckley’s Tavern (through Saturday)
Wilmington Beer Week: Two Roads Brewing Company Tap Takeover at Oldbanks Craft Bistro in Trolley Square
Wilmington Beer Week: Progressive Happy Hour at Chelsea Tavern
THURSDAY, November 10th
- Wilmington Beer Week: 31 & DONE at Chelsea Tavern (through Saturday)
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Mug Night at the Stone Balloon Ale House
- $2 off growler fills at Peco’s Liquors
- Wilmington Beer Week: Lagunitas Tap Takeover at Scratch Magoo’s
- Movies on Tap: Spaceballs at Penn Cinema
Movies on Tap features a meet-and-greet tasting opportunity with some of the area’s most beloved breweries and their brewers while providing a rare opportunity to view cult-classic films on the big screen. This month’s movie is “Spaceballs” and the featured brewery is 16 Mile Brewery. Attendees will have a unique opportunity to hang out with the local brewer; sample and learn about its beer; and then watch this classic cult film by Mel Brooks — all for a good cause. Tickets are $20 which includes beer samples, movie, and popcorn with proceeds benefiting the Good Old Boy Foundation.
FRIDAY, November 11th
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
- Iron Hill Brewery #Fe20 20th Anniversary Beer Release on Main Street, Newark
Come celebrate Iron Hill’s 20th anniversary with an 8 beer multi-tap featuring all award winning beers. Join us at 5 p.m. for a company-wide toast.
SATURDAY, November 12th
- Wilmington Beer Week: Punch Card Party at Chelsea Tavern
All 31 craft brews will be just $2 per six-ounce pour! Last chance punch your way to a free t-shirt and chance to win a market street stay-cation valued at $500!
SUNDAY, November 13th
- Join Caffé Gelato for its Dogfish Head IPA Beer Dinner with special guest Sam Calagione ($79 per person)
- Dogfish Head Brew & Fondue at The Melting Pot Wilmington (though November 19th)
- Diamond State Roller Derby Dogfish Bowl– 2016 DSRD Home Team Championships
MONDAY, November 14th
- 15% off craft beer 6-Packs at Peco’s Liquors
- Late Night Happy Hour at Argilla Brewing Company at Pietro’s Pizza from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Vinyl Monday at Trolley Tap House
- $3 Yards Brewing Drafts Every Monday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
TUESDAY, November 15th
- Flight Club at Chelsea Tavern from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark and Two Stones Pub Wilmington
- $3 Mispillion drafts at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here