The last month of summer has arrived…welcome August! Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com have plans to keep this summer everlasting! Stay in the season and enjoy some of these beer-y events we’ve compiled for you! Check out what hoppy happenings are going on from Wednesday, August 3rd through Tuesday, August 9th. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, August 3rd
Bike and Hike runs 5 to 8 p.m. every Wednesday through August 31. Stroll, jog, or cycle a three-mile loop from Hagley’s Visitor Center to Eleutherian Mills and back. Participants can explore parts of the picturesque, 235-acre property not usually open to visitors. Bike, Hike, and Brews adds to the fun on August 3 and August 24. On Workers’ Hill, Dogfish Head beers and special menu items at the Belin House Organic Café will be available for purchase. The star of the special menu will be sliders, of chicken or pork, with the style changing each evening. Girls Pint Out will also be on hand.
THURSDAY, August 4th
- Bend and Brew series continues at Constitution Yards Beer Garden
Real Flexi hosts a Bend and Brew each Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at Constitution Yards Beer Garden throughout the summer and into October. Tickets are $15 and include class and a beer! Reserve your spot today!
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant Newark Hops & Hot Wings Beer Release
- Two Roads Brewing Company Tap Takeover/Karaoke Spectacular at 1984
The first Thursday of each month we combine our already epic karaoke night with a tap takeover by one of our favorite breweries. For August, it’s Two Roads Brewing Company out of Stratford, CT. We’ve been drinking so much of their Imperial IPA, Road to Ruin, that we are all barely alive. We highly recommend you come out and do the same plus try 5 of their other great beers.
- Mug Night at the Stone Balloon Ale House
- Golden Road Brewing and 10 Barrel Brewing tapping at Trolley Tap House
- #IPADay celebration at Two Stones Newark, Two Stones Wilmington, Two Stones Kennett and Two Stones Hockessin
- National #IPADay Multi-Tap Takeover at Iron Hill Brewery Wilmington
- National #IPADay at Blue Earl Brewing
- Argilla Brewing Co. at Pietro’s Pizza Hip Hop IPA Day
2SP will be celebrating its ONE YEAR anniversary with a couple specials: select $1 and $3 beers plus certain $5 growlers. There will be two food trucks on site: The Flying Deutschman and Mom-Mom’s Polish Food Cart. The event runs 3-9 p.m.
FRIDAY, August 5th
- Teachers’ Happy Hour at Bellefonte Brewing Company from 3-5 p.m.
- Trolley Tap House First Firkin Friday
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
SATURDAY, August 6th
- Liquid Alchemy Beverages Friends and Family Day
- Bellefonte Brewery Meets NQC Cuban BBQ Dinner at North Quarter Creole
North Quarter Creole (NQC) is teaming up with Bellefonte Brewery for an epic night of Cuban BBQ, drinks, and fun! Expect delicious homemade Cuban BBQ with a Creole crossover matched with some great local beer, sangria, and Cuban Mojitos. The meal will be served in the downstairs dining room, but the party will continue to the upstairs bar after the final morsel is eaten. This is a reservations-only event so be sure to call (302)691-7890 to secure your place.
SUNDAY, August 7th
- Friendship Day at Two Stones Pub Hockessin — 2SP Brewery collaboration Tap Takeover
- Celebrate Jamaican Independence Day at D&H Jamaican
Break free of the oppressive summer heat — like Jamaica did as a newly independent nation from the United Kingdom on August 6, 1962. D&H Jamaican Cuisine in Newark will have a festive day with food and drink specials. A bucket of 5 Red Stripe stubby bottles costs only $12. Yuengling Light Lager bottles will only be $2 each. Play dominoes and Jenga in the restaurant. Mingle with friends old and new. Be sure there will be music!
MONDAY, August 8th
- 15% off craft beer 6-Packs at Peco’s Liquors
- Late Night Happy Hour at Argilla Brewing Company at Pietro’s Pizza from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
TUESDAY, August 9th
- Flight Club at Chelsea Tavern from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark and Two Stones Pub Wilmington
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here