YOU can help expand the promise. Pave the way for those who need peace of mind sharing in the promise of a healthier future for our children for we are so fortunate to have such an amazing national award winning state-of-the-art medical facility right in our back yard. Let’s show Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children some North DelaWHERE Happening kind of LOVE and generous support! Plus your contribution is tax deductible – two words that aren’t so taxing. AND you can double your gift, matching gifts from companies are welcome. Your gift today, helps our children tomorrow.
When your child is sick, the hospital room becomes your home. A.I. duPont Hospital for Children’s $20 million fundraising initiative — the Our Children, Our Hospital Campaign — supports the Expansion of Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, to ensure the highest level of pediatric health care. Opening this fall, this state-of-the-art, 450,000-square-foot expansion was designed by families, for families.
Highlights About the Hospital Expansion:
- a much larger Emergency Department, featuring a Fast Track unit where children with minor injuries and illnesses can be seen quickly and return home
- two fully equipped trauma rooms for life-threatening injuries and quick access to ambulances, helicopters, medical imaging, operating rooms and intensive care units to provide seamless expert care — adding to the care we already provide as Delaware’s only Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center
- 144 single-patient rooms with private bathrooms and sleeping accommodations, so that families can stay close by and be a part of the healing process
- playrooms, pocket parks, solariums and family lounges to provide places for parents and kids to be together outside the intensity of the hospital room
- beautifully landscaped green spaces surrounding the hospital, including a Healing Garden for quiet reflection and enjoyment of the natural environment
Learn more about the expansion plan, click here.
Every gift, whether large or small, brings a promise of hope and healing.
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children has once again been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for being among the best children’s health systems in the nation in the 2013-14 edition of Best Children’s Hospitals. For the first time, Nemours ranks in all ten specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, gastroenterology & GI surgery, neonatology, neurology & neurosurgery, nephrology, orthopedics, pulmonology and urology. duPont Hospital for Children is one of only 20 hospitals nationwide ranked in all ten specialties.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
1. Purchase a personalized brick or paver and support the expansion.
Deadline: June 30, 2014 Or until all available bricks are sold, whichever comes first.
With your generosity, AI can keep the promise to give families peace of mind while offering an even greater level of pediatric care. When you contribute to the expansion of Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children — opening this fall 2014 — you’re helping build a state-of-the-art facility with a larger Emergency Department and thoughtfully designed features for a family’s comfort. Whether large or small, every gift is important.
With your tax-deductible gift of $500 or more, the name or message of your choice can be engraved on a brick or paver and placed in the landscaped courtyard of our new dining area, showing that you helped create a world-class children’s hospital right in our community. To learn more about purchasing a brick or paver, click here.
- Artwork: $2,500 to $10,000
- Family garage parking space: $10,000 to $15,000
- Healing Garden elements: $10,000 to $35,000
- Emergency exam room: $25,000
To learn more about naming opportunities, click here.
3. Make a Gift
No gift is too small or too big. Every gift brings hope and healing. Matching gifts from companies are welcome. To learn more about donating, visit givenow.nemours.org
Volunteers at the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children are valued members of the health care team. Annually, over 550 volunteers provide services to more than 85 departments throughout the hospital. Many work directly with patients and their families. Others choose to work behind the scenes, supporting the staff in clerical and reception roles. Stop by the Volunteer Services Office, call (302) 651-6081 or email [email protected] to request information about applying to volunteer. Learn more about all volunteer opportunities, click here.
Watch the Our Children, Our Hospital Campaign Video
Pay It Forward North Delaware!