Foodies and beer geeks unite at the 12th Annual Evening with the Masters. Don’t get us wrong, you don’t have to be a self proclaimed foodie to enjoy the bite-sized tastes of delectable dishes being offered by 45 top local and regional chefs. And, you don’t have to be a Beer Geek to wash down those tasty treats in the Craft Beer Garden-featuring samples from 20 of the best hand-crafted brews. You just have to enjoy good food, good beer for a good cause.
Spencer Graves from WSTW will be hosting the event along with Spin Jocs Entertainment and Paul Cullen, former member of Bad Company, will be providing music for the evening. You can make yourself comfortable in the Celebrity Cruises Lounge while sipping on a specialty cocktail and nibbling on some dessert.
The Evening with the Masters is known for having one of the best charity auctions around and this year they are going high tech with mobile bidding! You heard us, mobile bidding, you can just enjoy the event and when someone outbids you, they will send you a text message. How cool is that?
Here’s a few auction highlights:
- Disney Vacation – One week stay in a beautiful condo in Orlando, FL. Trip includes one day park hopper passes for Disney. Valued at $1700
- Active Lifestyle – 21 Speed Ladies bike and accessories valued at $480
- Fashion Under the Sun – South Moon Under beach bag, necklace, hair bands – Everything the fashion saavy girl needs for a day at the beach! Valued at $250.
Craft Beer Garden curated by Two Stones Pub, featuring:
16 Mile Brewery • Brewery Ommegang • Brooklyn Brewery • Dogfish Head Brewery. Evolution Craft Brewing Co. • Flying Dog Brewery • Flying Fish Brewing Co. • New Belgium Brewing Company • NKS Distributors • Old Dominion Brewing Company • Samuel Adams • Sixpoint Brewery • Standard Distributors • Stone Brewing Co. • Troegs Brewing Co. • Twin Lakes Brewing Co. • Two Stones Pub • United Distributors of DE • Victory Brewing Company • Weyerbacher Brewing Company • Yards Brewing Co.
- 16 Mile Taphouse
- Branmar Wine & Spirits
- Buckley’s Tavern
- Caffe Gelato
- Cantwell’s Tavern
- Centreville Café
- Chesapeake Inn
- Delaware Park
- Fins Fish House and Raw Bar
- Fusions Tasters Choice
- Harry’s Hospitality Group
- Home Grown Café
- Hotel DuPont – Desserts by Michele Mitchell
- Kreston Wine & Spirits
- La Casa Pasta
- Metro Café
- Montrachet Fine Foods
- Napoli Family Restaurants
- Not by Bread Alone Catering
- Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
- Philadelphia Distilling Company
- Pizza by Elizabeth’s
- Soffritto Italian Grill
- Standard Distributing
- Sweet Somethings
- The Green Room at the Hotel DuPont
- The House of William and Merry
- The Westin Wilmington
- United Distributors of Delaware
- Woodside Farms Creamery
- World Café Live
Why not upgrade to VIP?
Now in it’s 10th year, the Cellar Masters’ Wine Auction has been an integral component of the Meals from the Masters weekend since 2005. VIP tickets includes entry to Cellar Masters’ Wine Auction as well as early entry to Evening With The Masters, free valet parking, specialty wine pours and gourmet hors d’oeuvres, plus the chance to bid on exclusive, high-end wines from the area’s finest private collections. Enjoy lively bidding while rubbing elbows with fellow oenophiles!
- Live auction of wines, rare beers and spirits
- An assortment of specialty hors d’oeuvres prepared by La Fia Bakery & Bistro
- Premium pours provided by Prestige Beverage Group
What is Meals On Wheels Delaware, Inc.?
Meals On Wheels Delaware is a nonprofit organization working with five meal-providing agencies and thousands of volunteers from corporations, civic, religious and community groups. Together, the program provides and delivers meals every day to over 4,000 homebound seniors. In fact, last year nearly 635,000 meals were delivered throughout the state. Meals On Wheels Delaware joins the partnership by providing additional financial and volunteer resources to agency providers to ensure that seniors throughout Delaware are given the support they need. Meals On Wheels Delaware provides more than a meal…it also provides the gift of health, independence, and companionship to homebound seniors in Delaware.