Spring beers are in bloom so Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com are busy cultivating a beautiful list of the best craft beer events in the area! Check out the hoplights for Wednesday, April 20th through Tuesday, April 26th below. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, April 20th
- $3 Wednesdays at Iron Hill Brewery Newark
- Vinyl Party with Dogfish’s Sam Calagione at Grain Craft Bar + Kitchen
The evening will start with with a live audience podcast of The News Journal’s “Hi I’m In Delaware” at 5 p.m. followed by a Bring Your Own Vinyl party at 7. Don’t have any vinyl? No worries, Skribe will bring his records, crated to match the different Dogfish beers. Come out and enjoy great music to drink beer to with Dogfish’s Sam Calagione. Bring your own vinyl for a chance to win a free Dogfish-designed turntable.
THURSDAY, April 21st
- “House on Haunted Hill” Happy Hour at The Queen starting at 4 p.m., with doors opening at 3:30
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Mug Night at Stone Balloon Ale House
- Chef-Inspired Dinner: “It’s a Luau” with The Brooklyn Brewery at The Stone Balloon Ale House
$2 off growler fills on Thursdays at Peco’s Liquors
- Dogfish Beer:30 every Thursday at the Wilmington Blue Rocks game
- 1-year Anniversary Party at 8th & Union Kitchen
- Bell’s HOPgrandSLAM Tapping & Tap Take Over at Trolley Tap House
- Samuel Smith Beer Dinner at Caffe Gelato
- Honeysuckle Rose Bottle Release Party at Blue Earl Brewing Company
FRIDAY, April 22nd
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
- April Food Truck Friday at Peco’s Liquors
- “House on Haunted Hill” Happy Hour at The Queen
World Cafe Live at The Queen will host a happy hour screening of the classic motion picture “House on Haunted Hill” at 4 o’clock on both Thursday and Friday. This screening marks 57 years since the Vincent Price horror film last appeared on The Queen Theater’s big screen before closing its doors for decades, until WCL came in to light it back up in 2011. We dare you to join Frederick Loren and his fourth wife Annabelle’s spooky party while enjoying happy hour food and drink specials. The event is free, but donations will be accepted to benefit the Light Up the Queen Foundation. Doors open at 3:30 p.m. Prepare to be spooked!
SATURDAY, April 23rd
- World Cafe Live at The Queen Grilled Cheese & Craft Beer Pairings featuring 3rd Wave Brewing Company
- R2Hop2 Beer and Music Festival at Fordham and Dominion Brewing
Welcome to the fifth annual R2Hop2 Beer and Music Festival! R2Hop2 will be a fun filled day, bringing people together to enjoy music, food, local vendors, games, and most of all, BEER! Fordham and Dominion Brewing look forward to another successful event with old and new friends. Hope to see you there! Cheers!
SUNDAY, April 24th
- Tell us of your Hoppening event!
MONDAY, April 25th
15% off craft beer 6-packs at Peco’s Liquors
Late Night Happy Hour at Argilla Brewing Company at Pietro’s Pizza from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
TUESDAY, April 26th
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, and Two Stones Pub Kennett
- Flight Club at Chelsea Tavern from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here