And lo, the rains fell and the oppressive humidity broke for a few glorious days. Don’t sit inside when the weather’s this nice… Get outside and enjoy nature, sunshine, and beer! NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com and Delaware Hop Scene can help you on your path to Nirvana. Enjoy some of these cool hop-centric activities we’ve compiled for you this week! Check out what refreshing, beer-centered events are going on from Wednesday, August 24th through Tuesday, August 30th. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, August 24th
- Bike, Hike, and Brews at Hagley Museum and Library
Bike and Hike runs 5 to 8 p.m. every Wednesday through August 31. Stroll, jog, or cycle a three-mile loop from Hagley’s Visitor Center to Eleutherian Mills and back. Participants can explore parts of the picturesque, 235-acre property not usually open to visitors. For the last time in 2016, Bike, Hike, and Brews adds to the fun with Dogfish Head beers and special menu items at the Belin House Organic Café. The star of the special menu will be sliders, of chicken or pork, with the style changing each evening.
- $3 Wednesdays at Iron Hill Brewery in Newark
- $2 Mug Night at Kid Shelleen’s
- Trolley Square Oyster House Dogfish Head Beer Analog A-Go-Go Kickoff Party
Limited $10 tickets are available for Wednesday, August 24th from 6-10 p.m.! Your ticket includes: first Dogfish Head beer (Namaste, Sea Quench Ale, Punkin, Old School Barley Wine Vintage Keg from Sam’s Stash!) in your custom pint glass keepsake, free custom event t-shirt, and raffle tickets for the Analog-A-Go-Go festival.
THURSDAY, August 25th
- Bend and Brew series continues at Constitution Yards Beer Garden
Real Flexi hosts a Bend and Brew each Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at Constitution Yards Beer Garden throughout the summer and into October. Tickets are $15 and include class and a beer! Reserve your spot today!
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Mug Night at the Stone Balloon Ale House
- $2 off growler fills at Peco’s Liquors
FRIDAY, August 26th
- Teachers’ Happy Hour at Bellefonte Brewing Company from 3-5 p.m.
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
SATURDAY, August 27th
Come out to try our new Oak Aged Trippel and Claymonster as well as the latest batch of Diamond State Bourbon Stout! You’ll find all our flagships and a few other tasty treats as well!
- Delaware Sierra Club Hike & Brunch Outing at Brandywine Creek Park and Trolley Tap House
- Delaware Burger Battle in Bellefonte
- VolksBash at Fordham and Dominion Brewing Company
Do you like V-Dubs? Do you like cars in general or beer? Fordham and Dominion Brewing is having some of the coolest Volkswagens flashing their nuts (and bolts) on the grounds of the brewery. We’ll be serving up some cool German beer and showcasing some cool German cars! Food and music will also be on the grounds. Come hang with us!
SUNDAY, August 28th
- Visit the Tasting Room at the new Dew Point Brewing Company in Yorklyn
The tasting room at Dew Point Brewing Company is located on the second floor of its brew house. Come enjoy Dew Point brews while sitting with friends or watching a game. If fresh air is more your thing, grab a growler and take advantage of the private green space right outside the doors. Dew Point does not prepare any food, but you are welcome to bring a snack or picnic with you! Dew Point is actively recruiting food trucks to set up on the premises, so if your stomach is growling, don’t hesitate to check out what’s cooking outside! Sunday hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
MONDAY, August 29th
- Dogfish Head Flesh & Blood IPA Photo Contest ends today
- 15% off craft beer 6-Packs at Peco’s Liquors
- Late Night Happy Hour at Argilla Brewing Company at Pietro’s Pizza from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Vinyl Monday at Trolley Tap House
- $3 Yards Brewing Drafts Every Monday from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, Two Stones Pub Kennett, and Two Stones Pub Hockessin are pouring Yards Brewing Co. PYNK with proceeds going to the Tyanna Foundation
Yards PYNK is a beer like no other. We add 3,300 pounds of sour and sweet cherries and raspberries to each batch, resulting in a tart berry ale that’s effervescent and pleasantly pink in color. Delighting the palate, this light-bodied brew finishes refreshingly dry. We are proud to donate 1 dollar from every case and 5 cents from every pint of PYNK sold to breast cancer research and awareness. Since 2013, we’ve raised over $18,000 for the Tyanna Foundation!
TUESDAY, August 30th
- Flight Club at Chelsea Tavern from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark and Two Stones Pub Wilmington
- $3 Mispillion drafts at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here
Leave A Comment