Where did September go?! In a blink of an eye, we’re entering the heart of Autumn (and the Eagles are 3-0). Time to enjoy your favorite craft beers in your comfy hoodie. Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com have compiled some cool beer-centric events for you this week! Check out what frothy, refreshing things are going on from Wednesday, September 28th through Tuesday, October 4th. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene! Hut-hut-hike!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, September 28th
- $3 Wednesdays at Iron Hill Brewery in Newark
- $2 Mug Night at Kid Shelleen’s
- Last day to enter to win a Two Roads Brewing Company keg box from The Delaware Growler
- Movies on Tap: The Big Lebowski at Penn Cinema
Movies on Tap features a meet-and-greet tasting opportunity with some of the area’s most beloved breweries and their brewers while providing a rare opportunity to view cult-classic films on the big screen. This month’s movie is “The Big Lebowski” and the featured brewery is Twin Lakes Brewing Company. Attendees will have a unique opportunity to hang out with the local brewer; sample and learn about its beer; and then watch this classic cult film by the Coen brothers — all for a good cause. Tickets are $20 which includes beer samples, movie, and popcorn with proceeds benefiting the Preston’s Playground.
THURSDAY, September 29th
- Bend and Brew series continues at Constitution Yards Beer Garden
Real Flexi hosts a Bend and Brew each Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at Constitution Yards Beer Garden throughout the summer and into October. Tickets are $15 and include class and a beer! Reserve your spot today!
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Mug Night at the Stone Balloon Ale House
- $2 off growler fills at Peco’s Liquors
- Ain’t Superstitious Bottle Release Party at Blue Earl Brewing Company
FRIDAY, September 30th
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
- Teachers’ Happy Hour at Bellefonte Brewing Company from 3-5 p.m.
- Truck & Tractor Preview Party featuring a Pop-up Beer Garden at Winterthur
Get a sneak preview of Truck & Tractor Day from 5:30-9 p.m. with a little grown-up socializing and an evening of live music with Tino & Ashley, tractors, and Winterthur’s Pop-up Beer Garden. Garden staff will be on hand to talk about Winterthur’s historic greenhouses, farm equipment used to maintain the property. “Pay What You Wish” admission. Beer, wine, and food available for purchase. Reserve your tickets online or call (800)448-3883.
- 2SP Brewing Bourbon SIP bottles release at the brewery
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant Oktoberfest kicks off today and runs through October 30th
- Brew At The Zoo from 5:30-9 p.m.
Join the Delaware Zoological Society, which supports the Brandywine Zoo, in its annual fundraiser, Brew at the Zoo! Visit the zoo after hours for this fun, outdoor event which includes tastings of beer and wine in a keepsake souvenir cup from local breweries. Light fare provided by Wilmington and Newark restaurants including: Bangkok House, Chelsea Tavern, Churrascaria Saudades, Ernest & Scott, Kid Shelleens, Santa Fe, Sweet Josephine’s, Two Stones Pub, Ulysses Gastropub, and more! Plus, a variety of unique items are available under our Silent Auction tent with proceeds benefiting the Zoo.
SATURDAY, October 1st
- The 2016 Kennett Brewfest runs from 12-6 p.m.
- Iron Hill Wilmington Out of Our Gourds multi-tap
- The third annual Brandywine Village Music River Fest will be held in Wilmington. Enjoy live music, food, drinks, and activities!
SUNDAY, October 2nd
- Pop-up Brunch at Bellefonte Brewing Company
Bellefonte Brewing Company is hosting another pop-up Sunday brunch at on its premises. Enjoy hot vinyl tunes by Dj Shadylady; featured art by local artists Joseph Repetti, Nick Grigsby, and Asia Hunter Igou; a meal made with locally sourced ingredients (dairy, gluten, and soy free); and try a frosty craft brew made by our friends at Bellefonte Brewing! James Day Coffee Roasters will have a supply of fresh coffee, and Evangelina’s Vegan Desserts will be whipping up something sweet and delicious to satisfy your sweet tooth after your meal! Support local businesses, hang out with your friends and make new ones, and enjoy the good vibes.
MONDAY, October 3rd
- 15% off craft beer 6-Packs at Peco’s Liquors
- Late Night Happy Hour at Argilla Brewing Company at Pietro’s Pizza from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Vinyl Monday at Trolley Tap House
- $3 Yards Brewing Drafts Every Monday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
TUESDAY, October 4th
- Flight Club at Chelsea Tavern from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark and Two Stones Pub Wilmington
- $3 Mispillion drafts at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here