March Madness has ended. (Congratulations Villanova!) Baseball has begun. (Sorry Phillies.) National Beer Day is upon us. Celebrate! Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com have put together a comprehensive list of the best craft beer events in the area! Check out the hoplights for Wednesday, April 6th through Tuesday, April 12th below. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, April 6th
- $3 Wednesdays at Iron Hill Brewery Newark
~ National Beer Day! ~
On April 7, 1933, President Franklin Roosevelt took the first step toward ending Prohibition and signed a law that allowed people to brew and sell beer, in the United States, as long as it remained below 4.0% alcohol by volume (ABV). Beer drinkers celebrated and were happy to be able to purchase beer again for the first time in thirteen years.
THURSDAY, April 7th
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Mug Night at Stone Balloon Ale House
$2 off growler fills on Thursdays at Peco’s Liquors
- Bell’s Tap Take Over at Ulysses American Gastropub. There will be Two Hearted Ale, Oberon, Porter, Java Stout, and Double Cream Stout from Bell’s Brewery.
- First Beer:30 at the Blue Rocks of the 2016 season!
Dogfish Head and the Wilmington Blue Rocks are celebrating the very first Beer:30 of the season with a Record Store Day party! Our friends at Rainbow Records will be spinning some old school vinyl before the game. The Dogfish crew will be there with some giveaways, including the official Record Store Day poster (while supplies last). Our Record Store Day party line-up includes: Beer To Drink Music To, Romantic Chemistry, 60 Minute IPA, 90 Minute IPA, Namaste, and Piercing Pils.
** Be sure to visit Rainbow Records on Record Store Day (April 16) to catch all of the super specials and live music! **
FRIDAY, April 8th
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
SATURDAY, April 9th
- Vlamis Craft Beer Festival at Singerly Fire Hall in Elkton
- Grilled Cheese and Craft Beer Pairings at World Cafe Live at The Queen. Starting at 3 p.m. this edition of grilled cheese and beer will feature beer brewed for the fifth anniversary of the reopening of The Queen Theater.
- Come to 1984 for Beer to Drink Music To: Live Edition starting at 8 p.m.
Join Dogfish Head and Rainbow Records as we celebrate Record Store Day month. We’ll have five Dogfish Head beers on tap, including two of their newest: Romantic Chemistry IPA and Beer to Drink Music To. Two great regional bands, The Collingwood and Kodiak Park, will provide the soundtrack to drink those great beers to. It’s only $5, but you must be at least 21 to attend.
SUNDAY, April 10th
- Tell us of your Hoppening event!
MONDAY, April 11th
15% off craft beer 6-packs at Peco’s Liquors
Late Night Happy Hour at Argilla Brewing Company at Pietro’s Pizza from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
TUESDAY, April 12th
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, and Two Stones Pub Kennett
- Flight Club at Chelsea Tavern from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Get down to Penn Cinema on the Wilmington Riverfront for the inaugural Movies on Tap: Caddyshack event
“Movies on Tap” will feature a meet-and-greet tasting opportunity with some of the area’s most beloved breweries and their brewers while providing a rare opportunity to view cult-classic films on the big screen. Attendees will have a unique opportunity to hang out with a local brewer; sample and learn about their beer; and then watch a classic film of the brewer’s choosing — all for a good cause. Tickets are $20 which includes beer samples, movie, and popcorn with proceeds benefiting brewer’s charity of choice. Attendees must be 21+.
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here