The end of August is nigh. Labor Day is upon us and the kids are back in school. Time to both cry and celebrate with a delicious craft brew or two. Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com have compiled some cool beer-centric events for you this week! Check out what frothy, refreshing things are going on from Wednesday, August 31st through Tuesday, September 6th. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene! Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend with beer!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, August 31st
THURSDAY, September 1st
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Mug Night at the Stone Balloon Ale House
- $2 off growler fills at Peco’s Liquors
- Bend and Brew series continues at Constitution Yards Beer Garden
Real Flexi hosts a Bend and Brew each Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at Constitution Yards Beer Garden throughout the summer and into October. Tickets are $15 and include class and a beer! Reserve your spot today!
FRIDAY, September 2nd
- Teachers’ Happy Hour at Bellefonte Brewing Company from 3-5 p.m.
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
- Trolley Tap House First Firkin Friday
- Analog-A-Go-Go pre-festival with Dogfish Head at 1984
With Dogfish Head’s biggest-ever music festival about two weeks away, arcade/bar 1984 will host an official pre-festival party complete with raffles for festival tickets, exclusive Dogfish brews, and live performances. Delaware’s lone Analog-A-Go-Go band Fiancé will be performing along with some other local acts. It’s $5 to get in the door and you have to be 21 or older. The fun starts at 7 o’clock.
Beers, Rims, and Notes features a Car Show, Food Trucks, and Live Music. There will be a Biergarten, Outdoor Games, and a Pinup Contest, too. There is also a a 50/50 raffle for prizes. Proceeds will benefit the Citizens’ Hose Company No. 1 Inc. of Smyrna, DE.
- Delaware: A Brew Story takes place in Alapocas
Local historians John Medkeff, Tony Russo, and Bob Fullmer will present a history of Delaware brewing, followed by a craft beverage sampling including more than fifteen local craft beverage makers. Enjoy gourmet sandwiches from WiLDWiCH Food Truck and meet with local artisans and artists! Multiple raffle baskets will be up for grabs that include brewery merchandise, gift certificates, tour & tasting vouchers, CDs, and more. Handmade drinkware, including hand-blown glass and ceramics creations by local artisans, will be sold by silent auction. 100% of the proceeds from ticket sales and raffles will benefit the “Restore the King” initiative and Wilmington State Park’s School Programs Scholarship Fund.
SUNDAY, September 4th
- College football steals a Sunday from the NFL when Notre Dame enters Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin to play the Texas Longhorns. Find your favorite football-watching bar stool, grab a pint (or two), and root for your favorite alma mater all season long!
~ ~ Happy Labor Day! ~ ~
MONDAY, September 5th
- 15% off craft beer 6-Packs at Peco’s Liquors
- Late Night Happy Hour at Argilla Brewing Company at Pietro’s Pizza from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Vinyl Monday at Trolley Tap House
- $3 Yards Brewing Drafts Every Monday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
* Please check with your local liquor store/pub about regular Monday events being altered or canceled due to the holiday
TUESDAY, September 6th
- Flight Club at Chelsea Tavern from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark and Two Stones Pub Wilmington
- $3 Mispillion drafts at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here