Spring Training is almost finished and Major League Baseball fans are anticipating the first pitch of the 2016 season. Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com have put together a winning lineup of the best craft beer events for your enjoyment! Check out the hoplights for Wednesday, March 30th through Tuesday, April 5th below. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene! Play ball!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, March 30th
- $3 Wednesdays at Iron Hill Brewery Newark
THURSDAY, March 31st
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Mug Night at Stone Balloon Ale House
$2 off growler fills on Thursdays at Peco’s Liquors
- Blue Earl Brewing Co. is having a Got My Mojo Working – Wood Aged Belgian Dark Strong Ale release party at 6 p.m.
There will be 175 bottles of this “Belgian Quad” sold at The Juke in Blue Earl. A Belgian Dark Strong Ale aged in oak, the flavor is complex, rich, smooth and dangerous! Brewed and bottled at Blue Earl Brewing Co. in Smyrna. The price is $22 per bottle with a limit of 3 bottles per household.
FRIDAY, April 1st
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
- Fordham & Dominion Brewing Beer Tasting at The Wine & Spirit Company of Greenville
SATURDAY, April 2nd
- Will the NCAA Men’s Tournament semifinals perpetuate the March Madness we’ve been experiencing? Watch to find out!
- OK, it’s not beer, but sometimes wine works! It’s time for the Newark Wine & Dine!
The Newark Wine and Dine is a culinary and wine extravaganza featuring a dazzling array of tasty delights prepared by the chefs of downtown Newark’s very own restaurants complemented by fine wines from around the world. Seventeen of downtown’s restaurants have selected wines to feature and created a menu to showcase their culinary abilities. Restaurant-wine pairings will offer a $2 per 2 oz. taste of wine! Premium tastings and flights may also be available at varying prices. (You can buy beer at all of the restaurants, if you don’t want wine.)
SUNDAY, April 3rd
- Delaware Girls Pint Out Pint & Paint at Fordham & Dominion Brewing
- Come to Oddity Bar for Music to Drink Beer To: Vinyl Edition starting at 6 p.m.
Join Dogfish Head and Rainbow Records as we kick off Record Store Day month with a night of the sweetest tunage and some major swag! Giveaways! Sets by DJs Shadylady and Gingafox along with special guests!
MONDAY, April 4th
- It’s Opening Day! The Phillies travel to Cincinnati to face the Reds with the first pitch at 4:10 p.m. Find your favorite bar stool and root for the Phightins!
- The NCAA Men’s Tournament final puts an end to the March Madness!
15% off craft beer 6-packs at Peco’s Liquors
Late Night Happy Hour at Argilla Brewing Company at Pietro’s Pizza from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Heavy Seas Beer Dinner at Tyler’s starting at 6:30 p.m. Call (302)234-0240 for reservations.
Welcome Beer – Heavy Seas POUDER PILS (Pilsner)
Beer: Heavy Seas MAINE (Red IPA)
Entree: Prosciutto Flatbread with IPA Caramelized Peaches
Beer: Heavy Seas TROPICANNON CITRUS (IPA)
Entree: Red Grapefruit Avocado Salad
Beer: Heavy Seas PLANK IV (Belgian)
Entree: Spicy Chicken Skewers with an Avocado-Chile Coconut Sauce
Beer: Heavy Seas PEG LEG (Imperial Stout)
Entree: White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars
TUESDAY, April 5th
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, and Two Stones Pub Kennett
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here