The beginning of May brings on thoughts of summer- Fiestas, Margaritas, lively music and yummy Mexican cuisine. While Cinco de Mayo gets us in the spirit, we really don’t need an excuse to sip on a deliciously refreshing Rita, now do we? Margaritas are perfect for any festive occasion and we found some reFRESHing new takes on the old Classic Rita. You can enjoy these Rita’s all summer long, from Salted Watermelon to Bold Fireball – there’s a recipe here for you!
This article is brought to you by our friends at Premier Wine and Spirits.
Salted Watermelon Margarita
- ¼ cup Watermelon Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup fresh watermelon puree
- ¼ cup Fresh Lime juice
- 4 ounces Grand Marnier
- 4 ounces Tequila
- Watermelon Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh watermelon chunks
- Watermelon Puree
- ½ cup fresh watermelon chunks
- Kosher salt and a lime wedge for the rim.
- For the Watermelon Syrup: Bring everything to a simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Strain the syrup through a chinoise and reserve juice. Chill the syrup.
- For the Watermelon Puree: Add the chunks to the jar of a blender and puree on high until you have a smooth puree.
- Wipe the rim of each glass with a wedge of lime juice and dip into kosher salt to create the salted rim.
- To make the drink, combine ice, the syrup, the puree, the lime juice and the liquor in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and then pour into a chilled ice filled glass. Garnish with a lime slice.
Recipe found on Pinterest posted by Heather Christo
- 3 c. frozen strawberries
- 2 c. ice
- 1/2 c. tequila
- 1/4 c. Fireball Whiskey
- 1/2 c. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve in margarita glasses rimmed with salt (dip rim in water or lime juice, then dip the rim in a shallow plate covered in salt).
- Garnish with a lime slice or fresh strawberry.
Recipe from Delish
A Margarita + Cerveza and a kick!
- 3/4 oz Tequila
- 1/4 oz Triple Sec
- 2 thin jalapeño pepper slices
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice (or limeade)
- 1/2 oz agave nectar (optional)
- 5 oz mexican style beer
- Combine the first section of ingredients in an ice filled shaker glass.
- Shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Pour in the beer.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Pink Lemonade Margaritas
- 2 cups pink lemonade
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 cup silver tequila
- Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Salt for the rims (optional
- Combine the first four ingredients in a pitcher and stir.
- When ready to serve, put the mix and ice in a shaker and shake for 30 seconds. Do this for each individual drink.
- Serve over ice in a glass that has been dipped in salt.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime.
Blood Orange Margaritas
- kosher salt
- Crushed ice
- ½ c. fresh blood orange juice
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. triple sec or Cointreau
- Blood orange wedges (optional)
- Moisten rim of 2 margarita glasses and dip in kosher salt.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice.
- Add orange juice, tequila, and triple sec.
- Shake well and strain into glasses.
- Garnish with orange wedges, if desired.
The best times are enjoyed responsibly. Please don’t drink and drive.
This article is presented by:
Premier Wine & Spirits, offers shoppers the best in service, value, products and experience. Choose from over 600 options in the ever growing craft beer portfolio and thousands of options in the wine and spirits inventory. The Premier Wine & Spirits Experience doesn’t end with their expansive product lines but also carries over to their weekly tastings and gourmet selection of light snacks that pair perfectly with every bottle in the store!
Fine Wine, Craft Beers and Spirits Store | Delaware’s Premier Wine and Spirits
2 locations to serve you
– 2052 Limestone Road in Pike Creek and 23 West Market Street in Newport.
LIMESTONE Location: (302) 996-9463 | NEWPORT Location: (302) 999-1500
Limestone Hours: Mon – Sat: 10AM -10PM, Sun: 12 Noon – 8PM
Newport Hours: Mon – Thurs: 12 Noon – 8PM, Fri/Sat: 12 Noon – 9PM