Get ready to break out your Ho, Ho, Ho and festive holiday spirits! North Delaware is host to many community parades from Delaware City to Claymont throughout the 2016 Holiday season. Check out our LOCAL listing and join the Holiday celebrations.
Who doesn’t love a Parade?
Spectators and participants alike! After all, parades are one of the oldest types of civic and cultural celebrations in the USA. The large public processions of lavish floats, thunderous marching bands, festive dance teams, honorary military units, delicately decorated vehicles, perfectly perched pageant winners, local celebrities & dignitaries, boisterous cartoon characters, exciting specialty acts promenade with Santa Claus’ arrival at the parade’s finale typically marking the start of the Christmas and Holiday season.
~~ Here we go again! ~~
Check out North Delaware’s Holiday Parades 2016
Saturday, November 26th
Wilmington Jaycees Christmas Parade
Head into the City on Saturday. The Wilmington Jaycees are host to the 53rd annual Wilmington Christmas Parade to be held in Downtown Wilmington. Elves will be accepting Christmas wish lists from children for Santa. For more information, visit Wilmington Jaycees Christmas Parade.
Saturday, November 26th
Christmas on Main Street in Middletown
Christmas on Main Street will be held Saturday, Nov. 26, starting at 10 a.m., with the annual Christmas Parade. The parade steps off at the Everett Meredith Middle School on South Broad Street, travels up Broad Street to the intersection with Main Street, where it turns left onto Main Street. It then turns left onto South Scott Street and heads back to the middle school. Learn more here.
Friday, December 2nd
Winterfest | Newark
Winterfest is a wonderful event during the holiday season. Seasonal entertainment, roasting chestnuts, caroling, tree lighting, ice carving demonstrations, and much more will fill this wonderful evening of fun for the whole family. The Delaware Special Olympics will be holding their annual Reindeer Run in conjunction with Winterfest (www.sode.org). For more information, visit Winterfest | Newark
Saturday, December 3rd
Claymont Community Coalition Christmas Parade 2016
Embracing a rich heritage of history and culture, Claymont prides itself on the small-town feel of its main street and neighboring areas. Claymont has been able to preserve its foundation of a tight-knit community offering a truly unique asset to the region. The annual Claymont Christmas Parade is held the first Saturday in December in Claymont. For more info, visit Claymont Community Coalition Christmas Parade 2016.
Saturday, December 10th
Delaware City Christmas Parade
Delaware City will be hosting a Christmas Parade on December 10th beginning at 6:30 p.m. Join the festivities! Come see the lights and decorations! For information, visit Holiday Parade of Lights.
Sunday, December 11th
Elsmere Holiday Parade 2016
Featuring LOCAL marching bands, dance troupes, fire trucks, color guards, politicians, sports leagues, floats, and more! Breakfast with Santa is happening before the parade begins. For more info, visit Elsmere Holiday Parade 2016.
- Arrive early for the best spots. If you can’t arrive early, remember sometimes the best views of a parade are off the beaten path. Try watching a parade toward the end of the route or where it turns a corner.
- Scout out parking ahead of time. Usually there’s no parking along the parade route.
- Dress to stay warm. The weather is unpredictable – better to bundle and be too warm than too cold. Bring an umbrella just in case.
- Bring snacks for while you wait – popcorn, goldfish, fruit, etc. and water.
- Bring chairs and blankets – you never know where you’ll set up camp. Be prepared.
- Bring your letters to Santa. Santa’s postal elves will be along most routes to collect them. Be sure to address letters to Santa Claus, North Pole and include your return address.
- After the parade, consider hanging around town for awhile or go for dinner. That way, you won’t have to fight the crowds and the traffic to get home.
Leave A Comment