October is National Pizza Month! Gerry Durnell chose the month to coincide with the launch of his magazine, Pizza Today, in October of 1984. With the popularity of Pizza, it almost seems silly to celebrate one Pizza Month when just about every month could be honored. It’s estimated that there are 63,000 pizzerias in the U.S. and 94% of Americans eat pizza at least once a month. That’s about 45 slices of pizza per person each year, according to pizza.com.
CREATE YOUR OWN
Ciao Pizza (Wilmington)
- Margherita’s Pizza (Newark)
- Luigi’s Pizzeria (Wilmington)
- Degnar’s (Wilmington)
- Cantina di Napoli (Wilmington)
- Pizza By Elizabeth’s (Greenville)
- Dom’s N.Y. Style Pizza (Wilmington)
- Cafe Verdi (Wilmington)
- Chelsea Tavern (Wilmington)
- Rocco’s (Wilmington)
Happy National Pizza Month!