2 Extra Days – 2 Extra Days! Woohoo for all the procrastinators!
If you are one of those that needs to be convinced and understand the “Why” for the extra 2 days? Well each day has its own excuse – 1) April 15 falls on a Sunday, and 2) Emancipation Day, a holiday observed in the District of Columbia, falls this year on Monday, April 16. According to federal law, District of Columbia holidays impact tax deadlines in the same way that federal holidays do; therefore, all taxpayers will have two extra days to file this year. Thanks DC!
We also found a little stress relief for you…
Discounts & Freebie Deals from Restaurants, Retailers & More!
- Arby’s ~ FREE value curly fries on April 17. Visit the Arby’s Facebook page starting April 13 to get a coupon & enter to win $5,000 in tax relief.
- Banana Republic: Code BRTAXBREAK saves you 30% off your entire purchase all day. This code also gets you free shipping with your purchase of $50 or more
- Boston Market – Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Meal(Coupon in link)
- Chili’s ~ FREE appetizer or dessert with the purchase of an adult entree April 16 – 18. You can print the coupon or show it to your server via smart phone.
- Cinnabon ~ 2 FREE Classic Cinnabon Bites on April 17 from 6 – 8 p.m. at participating locations as part of its Tax Day Bites promotion.
- Hooter’s is offering 20 boneless wings for $9.99 as a Tax Day Special April 17 at participating locations.
- Hydromassage: Free massage with reservation and coupon (April 16-20)
- Maggie Moos: Free ice cream 4 to 7 pm
- Marble Slab Creamery: Free ice cream 4 to 7 pm
- Office Depot: Free copies of 2012 tax returns
- Panda Express: Free single-serving of Shanghai Angus Steak with Facebook coupon
- P.F. Chang’s is offering 15% Savings on April 17
- Seattle’s Best: Free coffee with Facebook coupon
- Sonic: Happy Hour half priced drinks all day
Please check the websites for more details.