Three holiday cheers for craft beers! The season is making everyone sweet on tasty local beer, us included! Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com have found the most festive events to keep you BEERful in December. Check out the hoplights for Wednesday, December 9th through Tuesday, December 15th. Take a gander at the full sortable calendar of beer events at Delaware Hop Scene too!
What’s Happening & WHERE
This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, December 9th
- OH YEAH! The Greene Turtle Newark – employees are donating 10% of their tips to Toys for Tots
- Heavy Seas Beer Tap Takeover at 1984 in Wilmington
- It’s National Lager Day! Celebrate with a tasty lager beer!
- $2 off 64 oz. growler fill-ups at Newark Bottle Shop on NFL game days (Vikings vs. Cardinals)
- It’s Throwback Thursday at the Stone Balloon Ale House in Newark — bring your old Stone Balloon mug for $4 select craft beer drafts
- Philter Coffee Latte Art Throw Down with Kennett Brewing Company
- It’s Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge in Wellington Plaza in Hockessin
- Introduction to beer making at the Delaware Food Exchange in Wilmington
- Craft Beer Night at Stanley’s Tavern
Add Craft Beer to Your Holiday Party
- Host a blind craft beer tasting where guests have to guess the style or LOCAL brewery
- Include trivia with prizes direct from your FAVORITE LOCAL brewery
- Host a silent auction with a few rare or hard to find craft beers or make it growlers
- Create beer and food pairings and have party goers vote for their favorites
- Create a visual display with different malts and hops of the brewing process along with information about your LOCAL breweries
SATURDAY, December 12th
- World Cafe Live at The Queen in Wilmington is hosting a Grilled Cheese and Craft Beer Tasting featuring Stone Brewing Company
There’s no American Cheese or Wonder Bread in sight. Instead, the chefs use the best quality locally sourced ingredients for these creations, as well as hard to find imports from around the world. Mmmm…
- $2 off 64 oz. growler fill-ups at Newark Bottle Shop on NFL game days
MONDAY, December 14th
- $2 off 64 oz. growler fill-ups at Newark Bottle Shop on NFL game days (Giants vs. Dolphins)
- Two Stones Pub Newark Home Alone Beer Dinner
TUESDAY, December 15th
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, and Two Stones Pub Kennett. Specialty theme-based tacos are served from 5-10 p.m.
Brought to you by two craft beer loving hop heads, you may know us as Eric and Lindsey.
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene