Punxsutawney Phil has made his prognostications on the weather, but who is he picking in the Big Game on Sunday? That’s right, it’s Super Bowl Week and the 50th playing of the NFL’s championship game has the sports (and beer) world dizzy with excitement. Who will win? Will the commercials be funny? With which cold, frothy, delicious, hoppy beverage will you wash down those Super Nachos?
Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com have emerged from the huddle with some great play calls on how to enjoy your favorite craft beers this week. Check out the hoplights for Wednesday, February 3rd through Tuesday, February 9th below. As always, feel free to gaze at the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene too! It’s time for kick-off!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, February 3rd
- TELL US OF YOUR OWN CRAFT BEER EVENT
THURSDAY, February 4th
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Fordham & Dominion Brewing Tap Social at Stanley’s Tavern
- Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Dinner at 8th & Union Kitchen
8th & Union Kitchen is partnering with Locale BBQ Post and The Wine & Spirit Co. of Greenville to offer you delicious eats and refreshing beverages at its “Beer, Bourbon & BBQ” event.
FRIDAY, February 5th
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
SATURDAY, February 6th
- World Cafe Live at The Queen Grilled Cheese & Craft Beer Pairings
- Craft Mac & Cheese Cook-Off at Swigg
The Craft Mac & Cheese Cook-Off is an event that gives homage to the all-American pairing of craft beer and cheese. Six amateur and/or professional cooks will compete for the title of “Best Mac & Cheese” as voted on by the crowd. Swigg will be offering craft beer tastings to pair with each food entry.
Super Bowl 50 SUNDAY, February 7th
- $2 off 64 oz. Growler Fills at Newark Bottle Shop on NFL Game Days
- Stewart’s Brewing Company Super Bowl Pig Roast
- View NorthDelaWHEREHappening’s #SB50 WHERE to Watch Guide + Ad Previews
MONDAY, February 8th
- Don’t forget NDH’s hangover remedies (saved from New Year’s Day) for Super Bowl Monday
~ Laissez les bon temps rouler! ~
FAT TUESDAY, February 9th
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, and Two Stones Pub Kennett
- Abita Fat Tuesday Takeover at 1984
Abita Brewing is taking over 5 of our taps to celebrate Fat Tuesday and we’re opening early at 5 p.m. for you Happy Hour revelers. At 8 o’clock, our multi-decade trivia will kick off a very special Mardi Gras/beer-themed edition with our beloved hosts, Chupka and Corey.
Brought to you by two craft beer loving hop heads.
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here