We’ve waited for it and the forecasters are predicting it for this weekend — our first big snowfall of the year! Time to find your favorite six-pack, growler, or cozy pub and hunker down for the snow storm. It’ll be cold outside, but warm inside…especially with a nice winter beer on your tongue. Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com have teamed up to find you the perfect snowy-weather beer events to enjoy. Check out the hoplights for Wednesday, January 20th through Tuesday, January 26th below. As always, feel free to gaze at the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene too!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, January 20th
- Mispillion River Brewing Gandalf vs. Vader at Trolley Tap House (6-10 p.m.)
Our friends at Mispillion River Brewing have an ongoing, important debate: Who would win in a fight, Gandalf or Darth Vader? What better way to resolve this argument than with BEER?! Accordingly, we’re tapping Mispillion’s latest brews — Gandalf the White IPA and Vader the Black IPA — starting at 6 p.m. and we’re going to let YOU fight for your team!
Come IN COSTUME for a chance to win a $50 Mispillion gift card AND prepare for some serious Star Wars and Lord of the Rings trivia.
THURSDAY, January 21st
- “A Wee Bit of Scotland Beer Release” at Iron Hill Brewery Newark (5-8 p.m.) featuring Wee Heavy, a full-bodied Scotch-style ale with a distinct malty-sweet character and The Highlander, an assertive malty sweetness with just a touch of roasted character in the aroma and flavor
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- At Your Convenience…Store Beer Dinner at Stone Ballon Ale House
Join us at the Stone Balloon at 6:30 p.m. for a convenience store-inspired menu featuring beers from Bell’s Brewing Company. The cost is only $45 per person. For the full menu and beer pairings, click here.
FRIDAY, January 22nd
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
- Meet and Greet with Heavy Seas beer’s founder Hugh Sisson at The Delaware Growler on Main Street in Newark (5-8 p.m.)
SATURDAY, January 23rd
SUNDAY, January 24th
- Author and Delaware beer enthusiast John Medkeff will be at 3rd Wave Brewing signing copies of his book “Brewing in Delaware”
- $2 off 64 oz. Growler Fills at Newark Bottle Shop on NFL Game Days
MONDAY, January 25th
- Firestone Walker Beer Dinner at Two Stones Pub Kennett
We’re starting the 2016 Beer Dinner season off right by bringing you a taste of what Firestone Walker Brewing Co. has to offer! We are hosting a five-course Firestone Walker beer dinner that you don’t want to miss.
TUESDAY, January 26th
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, and Two Stones Pub Kennett
Brought to you by two craft beer loving hop heads.
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here