Red and white step aside, this Spring there’s a new Rosé in town. Everything about Rosé shouts SPRING- it’s bright, crisp and bursting with ripe fresh fruit and spring floral flavors.The season often predicts our wine selection, in the Winter we tend to drink more reds, in the Summer we lean toward White wines and in the Spring, we drink Rosé.
Rose 101- 5 Fun Facts
- Rose is made when the juice of a red wine is strained from its skins before it becomes too dark-typically one to three days and prior to fermentation.
- It’s the oldest type of wine and the most straightforward.
- There are three methods for production; Skin Contact, Saignee, and Blending (most unusual and this method is banned in France).
- It is made from a wide variety of grapes and can be found all over the globe.
- The color can from pale orange to purple and can be made still, semi-sparkling or sparkling.
Easter Wine Picks Sweeter than Candy
Easter is THE holiday that screams Rosé! It’s around this holiday that wineries typically release their current vintages. Easter brunch is rich with scrumptious fresh foods and tastes that exemplify the start of spring. From sweet to savory dishes, Rosé is an extremely versatile and perfect pairing to help bridge the spectrum in flavors.
The new 2015 releases can be found at Premier Wine & Spirits and rumor has it that it’s a particularly GOOD vintage! You can choose from; California, Italy, Argentina, and France- they are all available at Premier Wine & Spirits.
Good News: Premier will be offering tastings throughout the month of April, so you can sample before you buy!
Premier Wine & Spirits Staff Picks:
(click on image to get the coupon)
The staff at Premier does not stand alone!
— Jon Thorsen (@ReverseWineSnob) July 18, 2013
Con orgoglio ci avviciniamo al meraviglioso mondo del calcio femminile. https://t.co/VWqZ0Ucxer
— Cantina Zaccagnini (@Zaccagninivini) January 7, 2016
This article is presented by:
Premier Wine & Spirits, offers shoppers the best in service, value, products and experience. Choose from over 600 options in the ever growing craft beer portfolio and thousands of options in the wine and spirits inventory. The Premier Wine & Spirits Experience doesn’t end with their expansive product lines but also carries over to their weekly tastings and gourmet selection of light snacks that pair perfectly with every bottle in the store!
Fine Wine, Craft Beers and Spirits Store | Delaware’s Premier Wine and Spirits
2 locations to serve you
– 2052 Limestone Road in Pike Creek and 23 West Market Street in Newport.
- LIMESTONE Location: (302) 996-9463 | NEWPORT Location: (302) 999-1500
- Limestone Hours: Mon – Sat: 10AM -10PM, Sun: 12 Noon – 8PM
- Newport Hours: Mon – Thurs: 12 Noon – 8PM, Fri/Sat: 12 Noon – 9PM