A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away a smuggler named Han Solo made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs! (Maybe he was bootlegging.) We may never know the details of his cargo, but we do know that Han and first mate, Chewbacca, like to wind down after a long day with drinks at Chalmun’s Cantina in Mos Eisley.
Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com have discovered local spaceports with out-of-this-world specials on this week when Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in theaters nationwide. Check out deals as big as an Imperial Star Destroyer for Wednesday, December 16th through Tuesday, December 22nd. Take a gander at the full sortable calendar of beer events at Delaware Hop Scene too! May the Force be with YOU.
What’s Happening & WHERE
This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, December 16th
- Two Stones Pub Newark and Two Stones Pub Wilmington Christmas gift card sale
- Liquid Alchemy’s Kickstarter campaign ends
- Metro Pub & Grill opens in Middletown!
Metro Pub & Grill at Peachtree Station offers a chef driven menu with a creative take on American fare, utilizing local produce from the finest purveyors in the Middletown area. Diners can expect a haven for seasonal craft beers from various breweries, international and local to the Delaware Valley, on their twenty tap system and bottle list. Cocktail advocates can sip artisan cocktails hand crafted with house made purees and infusions. WELCOME METRO PUB & GRILL!
- $2 off 64 oz. growler fill-ups at Newark Bottle Shop on NFL game days (Buccaneers vs. Rams)
- It’s Throwback Thursday at the Stone Balloon Ale House in Newark — bring your old Stone Balloon mug for $4 select craft beer drafts
- It’s Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge in Wellington Plaza in Hockessin
- 12 Beers of Christmas with Mispillion River Brewing at Two Stones Pub Newark
FRIDAY, December 18th
Add Craft Beer to Your Holiday Party
- Host a blind craft beer tasting where guests have to guess the style or LOCAL brewery
- Include trivia with prizes direct from your FAVORITE LOCAL brewery
- Host a silent auction with a few rare or hard to find craft beers or make it growlers
- Create beer and food pairings and have party goers vote for their favorites
- Create a visual display with different malts and hops of the brewing process along with information about your LOCAL breweries
- $2 off 64 oz. growler fill-ups at Newark Bottle Shop on NFL game days (Jets vs. Cowboys)
- Iron Hill Wilmington is hosting The Dark Side Party
Don’t be afraid of the dark side. Join Iron Hill Wilmington for the Delaware Valley’s premier dark beer event. 8 Beers on Tap: Millennium Falcon, Cowabunga Porter, Cookie Monster, Chewbacca Chocolate Stout, Galaxy Far Far Away Black IPA, Dark Helmet, Wookey Jack, and Russian Imperial Stout.
- $2 off 64 oz. growler fill-ups at Newark Bottle Shop on NFL game days
MONDAY, December 21st
- $2 off 64 oz. growler fill-ups at Newark Bottle Shop on NFL game days (Lions vs. Saints)
TUESDAY, December 22nd
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, and Two Stones Pub Kennett. Specialty theme-based tacos are served from 5-10 p.m.
Brought to you by two craft beer loving hop heads, you may know us as Eric and Lindsey.
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene