Is it still Winter? Didn’t the groundhog predict an early Spring? What exactly is Mother Nature doing to us?! In these times of doubt, turn to beer. Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com have found you the best craft beer events this Leap Year Week. Check out the hoplights for Wednesday, February 24th through Tuesday, March 1st below. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, February 24th
- TELL US OF YOUR HOP-CENTRIC EVENT
THURSDAY, February 25th
- Two Stones Pub Newark Barley Winehouse Vintage Barleywine Tap Takeover
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Hopslammin’ Release Party and Tap Takeover at Trolley Tap House. Join us and the Bell’s crew starting at 6 p.m. for five Bell’s taps, Steal the Glass Night, and more!
- Chef’s Dinner — “A Culinary Evolution” — at Stone Balloon Ale House. Chef Robbie offers a multi-course menu featuring recipes from his culinary history paired with beers from Evolution Brewing. $45 per person. Call (302)266-8111 for reservations.
- The Otter Creek Tap Takeover at Catherine Rooney’s Wilmington begins at 5 o’clock. Keep the Pint, prizes, giveaways, and more!
- Mojo Hands Bottle Release Party at Blue Earl Brewing Company in Smyrna
Blue Earl Brewing Co. is releasing Mojo Hands — Mocha Java Oatmeal Stout at 6 p.m. There will be 200 bottles of this “Breakfast Stout” sold at The Juke in Blue Earl Brewing Co. A luscious Oatmeal Stout infused with Bolivian coffee roasted by local beanery, “The Young Bean” (Clayton, DE) with rich chocolate infused during three stages of the brewing process. An extraordinary breakfast beer to soothe your soul! Notes: fresh roasted coffee and rich dark chocolate — 4.5% ABV. Price: $16. Limit: 3 bottles per household.
FRIDAY, February 26th
- Meet and Greet with Heavy Seas Beer’s founder Hugh Sisson at The Delaware Growler
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
SATURDAY, February 27th
- Kennett Winterfest from 12:30-4 p.m.
Bundle up and enjoy winter brews from at least 50 unique craft breweries at the fourth annual Kennett Winterfest! Kennett Square is your beer hot spot on a cold winter’s day. Don’t miss your chance to taste beers from all over the country! Your ticket includes unlimited tastings and warm food from The Country Butcher. There will also be live music with Shady Groove to entertain you.
SUNDAY, February 28th
- Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout Kickoff Party and Brunch at Kid Shelleen’s
MONDAY, February 29th
- Fordham and Dominion Brewing Company Beer Dinner at The Inn at Duck Creek in Smyrna. Space is limited, so reserve your spot now at (302)389-6700.
- Engrave and keep your very own Guinness Gravity Glass at Catherine Rooney’s Wilmington from 6-8 p.m.
TUESDAY, March 1st
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, and Two Stones Pub Kennett
- Tickets for the Zip + Sip Craft Beer Festival at Lums Pond go on sale
Come to Lums Pond State Park on May 28th for the inaugural Zip + Sip Craft Beer Festival. Start your day with GoApe’s Treetop Adventure and zip line through the trees of beautiful Lums Pond. Participants that are zipping will have to complete the course prior to entering the beer fest. NO ONE is allowed on the course if they have consumed alcohol.
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here