It is said that March comes “in like a lion, out like a lamb.” We at Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com believe everyone should welcome March with a delicious beer (or two). NDH and DHS have found you the best craft beer events to help you ROAR into March. Check out the hoplights for Wednesday, March 2nd through Tuesday, March 8th below. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene! March forward! Hup-two-three-four…
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, March 2nd
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co. Nitro Merlin Milk Stout and Cookies Event at Trolley Tap House
What’s better than milk and cookies? How ’bout milk STOUT and cookies?! Starting at 5 o’clock, you’ll enjoy a special treat from our friends at Firestone Walker Brewing Co. — complimentary cookies from Brown Butter Cookie Co. to pair with our newest stationary tap, Velvet Merlin Milk Stout on Nitro!
THURSDAY, March 3rd
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company Release Party at Chelsea Tavern
FRIDAY, March 4th
- Kelly’s Logan House Rare Beer Event…Bell’s Hopslam IPA, Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, Moylan’s Hopsickle, and Bell’s Expedition Stout!
- 2SP Brewing Company Pilsner Glass Event with UnTapped Artistry
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
SATURDAY, March 5th
- Yoga and Beer at Kennett Brewing Company
- 2SP Brewing Company’s Exclusive Barrel-2-Bottle Program begins during the Extreme Beer Fest Party at the brewery
- The History of Brewing in the Red Clay Valley with John Medkeff, Jr.
Join author and historian John Medkeff, Jr. for a discussion on the History of Brewing in the Red Clay Valley, including the importance of women throughout the history of brewing in the area.
While the vast majority of Delaware beer brewers are men today, that wasn’t always the case. Before the production breweries came to town, most brewing was done in the late 1600s and early 1700s in homes and at taverns in the countryside. And that duty fell to women since it was considered a household chore like baking and laundry.
Bellefonte Brewing Company will be joining the party to pour some delicious samples of recipes that they have homebrewed to trial for their opening.
SUNDAY, March 6th
MONDAY, March 7th
- RAR Brewing Beer Dinner at Tyler’s Neighborhood Kitchen & Craft Beer
Based locally in Cambridge, Maryland, “local boys” built their RAR Brewing in an 80 year old former pool hall/bowling alley. Beer dinner tickets are now available for $40/person. Your entrance includes 5 beers and 4 meal courses! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to enjoy incredible food and support this local craft brewery!
TUESDAY, March 8th
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, and Two Stones Pub Kennett
- Brew Up Some Business at Jessop’s Tavern with The Robert Chesswick Corporation
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here