On April 22, more than one billion people around the globe will participate in Earth Day 2012 and help Mobilize the Earth™. People of all nationalities and backgrounds will voice their appreciation for the planet and demand its protection. Together we will stand united for a sustainable future and call upon individuals, organizations, and governments to do their part.
Attend a LOCAL Earth Day Event and join one of our Earth Day Campaigns as we collect A Billion Acts of Green® and elevate the importance of environmental issues around the world.
Get out & Go LOCAL…
SATURDAY APRIL 21st
Christina River Watershed Cleanup
- 9a-1p | Volunteers NEEDED! Make a BIG difference spending a little time volunteering. 10 Clean up Sites throughout New Castle County > Naamans Creek, Fox Point State Park, City of Wilmington, Riverfront Wilmington, Banning Park, Churchman’s Marsh Christiana, Churchmans Boat Ramp, Churchmans Marsh Newport, White Clay Creek State Park, City of Newark, Brookhaven Park, Cooch-Dayett Mills. For more information, visit www.christinarivercleanup.org
43rd Earth Day Festival@ Dupont Environmental Education Center
- 11a – 3p | FREE Admission ~ 43rd Earth Day Festival@ Dupont Environmental Education Center. Activities for the whole family. Explore how to think globally and act LOCALLY. Canoeing, live music, crafts, green exhibitors and more! On the Riverfront, Wilmington, DE
Party for the Planet @ the Brandyine Zoo
- 10a – 3p | Party for the Planet @ the Brandywine Zoo. An Earth Day Celebration for Everyone! Spend a day at the zoo in celebration of all that is WILD and Wonderful! Live animal presentations, bat & pollinator-related games, stories, crafts, live animal presentations and MORE are all part of the day’s fun! Rain Date: April 22nd. Free parking. Wilmington, DE
DCM’s 2nd Birthday Party! @Delaware Children’s Museum
- 10a-3p | DCM’s 2nd Birthday Party! Events all day thru! Paintfacing, Studio Art, Earth Balloon, Birthday Animals with Dela WHERE, Jungle Johns Exotic Animal Show, DCM Dance Party. Riverfront, Wilmington, DE
Kids’ Greenfest @Newark Center for Creative Learning
- 10a – 3p | FREE Admission. Rain or Shine. 3rd Annual Kids’ Greenfest @Newark Center for Creative Learning, 401 Phillips Ave. Newark, DE Kids’ hands-on, activities to learn about green technology, wildlife, energy, food and conservation. Storytelling, live music, local food, recycled art activities, seed planting station, a green footprint scavenger hunt for prizes, face painting, kids’ book swap and exhibits and much more. Guest speaker U.S. Senator Chris Coons. Free parking, all are welcome! For infomration, call 302-368-7772 or visit: www.ncclschool.com.
New Ark Chorale Concert: Dr Michael Larkin directs “All Creatures Great and Small”
- 7pm | Partnering with the service group “PAWS for People”. Music concert with choir devoted totally to animals, as the choir takes a musical journey through the animal kingdom. For more information call 302-368-4946 or www.newarkchorale.org “PAWS for People” mission is to lovingly provide elders, children and folks with disabilities individualized, therapeutic visits with a gentle, affectionate pet. See www.pawsforpeople.org for detailed information
SUNDAY APRIL 22nd
Earth Day on the National Mall @Washington DC
- 12:00pm – 7:00pm | Grab the Train from Wilmington or Newark and head to Washington DC – The centerpiece of Earth Day in the United States will be a rally on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. Tens of thousands of environmentally-conscious people from all walks of life and all parts of the country will be joined by civic leaders and celebrities for this special event to galvanize the environmental movement.
DCM’s 2nd Birthday Party continued! @Delaware Children’s Museum
- 10a-3p | DCM’s 2nd Birthday Party! Events all day thru! Paintfacing, Studio Art, Earth Balloon, Birthday Animals with Dela WHERE, Magic Show with Bill Kerwood, We Kids Rock! with Bill Currier. Riverfront, Wilmington, DE