Get ready to break out your Ho, Ho, Ho and festive holiday spirits! North Delaware is host to many community parades throughout the 2014 Holiday season from Delaware City to Claymont, Smyrna to Wilmington and a few in between. Check out our LOCAL listing and join the Holiday celebrations.
Who doesn’t love a Parade?
Spectators and participants alike! After all, Parades are one of the oldest types of civic and cultural celebrations in the US. The large public processions of lavish floats, thunderous marching bands, festive dance teams, honorary military units, delicately decorated vehicles, perfectly perched pageant winners, local celebrities & dignitaries, boisterous cartoon characters, exciting specialty acts promenade with Santa Claus’ arrival at the parade’s finale typically marking the start of the Christmas and Holiday season. Here we go again!
Saturday, November 29th
Head into the City on Saturday. The Wilmington Jaycees are host to the 51th Annual Wilmington Christmas Parade to be held in Downtown Wilmington. Elves will be accepting Christmas wish lists from children for Santa. Children who provide their name and address will receive a response from Santa in December. For more info, visit Wilmington Christmas Parade.
Saturday, December 6th
Embracing a rich heritage of history and culture, Claymont prides itself on the small-town feel of its main street and neighboring areas. Claymont has been able to preserve its foundation of a tight-knit community offering a truly unique asset to the region. The annual Claymont Christmas Parade is held the first Saturday in December in Claymont. For more info, visit Claymont Christmas Parade.
Winterfest promises to be a wonderful addition to the holiday season. Holiday entertainment, roasting chestnuts, caroling, tree lighting, ice carving demonstrations, and much more will fill this wonderful evening of fun for the whole family. For more info, visit WinterFest Newark
Sunday, December 7th
The Annual Christmas Parade will be celebrated down Main Street in Clayton. Sponsored by the Smyrna-Clayton July 4th Association. For more info, visit Smyrna Christmas Parade
Saturday, December 13th
Delaware City will be hosting a Christmas Parade on December 13th, 2014. Join the festivities, come see the lights and decorations! For more info, visit Delaware City Christmas Parade
Sunday, December 14th
Featuring LOCAL marching bands, dance troupes, fire trucks, color guards, politicians, sports leagues, floats and more! For more info, visit Elsmere Holiday Parade
- Arrive Early for the best spots. If you can’t arrive early, remember sometimes the best views of a parade are off the beaten path. Try watching a parade toward the end of the route or where it turns a corner.
- Scout out parking ahead of time. Usually there’s no parking along the parade route.
- Dress warm. The weather is unpredictable – better to bundle and be too warm than too cold. Bring an umbrella just in case.
- Bring snacks for while you wait – popcorn, goldfish, fruit, etc and water.
- Bring Chairs and Blankets – you never know where you’ll set up camp. Be prepared.
- Bring your letters to Santa. Santa’s postal elves will be along most routes to collect them. Be sure to address letters to Santa Claus, North Pole and include your return address.
- After the parade, consider hanging around town for awhile or go for dinner. That way, you won’t have to fight the crowds and the traffic to get home.
The Holiday Guide is presented by:
Premier Wine & Spirits, celebrating their 5th Holiday Season, offers holiday shoppers the best in service, value, products and experience.
Choose from over 600 options in our ever growing craft beer portfolio and thousands of options in our wine and spirits inventory. The Premier Wine & Experience doesn’t end with our expansive products lines but also carries over to our weekly tastings, rotating taps at the Premier growler station and our gourmet selection of light snacks that pair perfectly with every bottle in the store!
With the holiday season in full swing, we have hundreds of options for customized gift baskets – hand crafted with any bottle in store, holiday treats, including: gourmet chocolates, nuts, cheeses and more! Ideal for the boss, the wife, the best buddy or the favorite client.