A party in any glass. Mix up these patriotic infused cocktails and watch the red, white and blue fireworks flair! Fizz, spritz, shots, sangria, snow cones, layer, pop rocks, shakes – we’ve found it all to make your holiday stand tall. Mocktails too. Happy Red, White & Blue to you!
Patriotic Cocktails & Mocktails
Simple Red Fizz
- 1 cup passion fruit vodka
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- Fresh cranberries
Shake vodka and cranberry juice together with ice until chilled. Strain mixture into a champagne glass about 3/4 of the way full. Top with a splash of Champagne and a few berries and you’ve got yourself one Red Fizz cocktail.
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 part sugar plus 1 part water, boiled until dissolved and cooled
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, sliced in half
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- club soda or tonic water
- few sprigs of fresh mint for garnish
Fill Pitcher with ice and top with berries (save some to place in glasses). Pour in simple syrup and then wine until pitcher is ¾ full. Top off with club soda or tonic water, stir and serve in ice filled glasses. Garnish with mint sprig. Via prettyplainjanes.com
Red, White, and Blue Shooter
- ½ ounce Grenadine
- ½ ounce Peach Schnapps or Vodka
- ½ ounce Blue Curacao
Slowly pour each ingredient into a shot glass to create a layered effect cocktail. Add each in the order listed above. Via www.punchbowl.com
Red, White, and Blue Sangria
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pineapple, cut into star shapes
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
Combine the ingredients in a large pitcher and stir. Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours. Brewing cocktails Martha Stewart style. Via www.punchbowl.com
Red & Blue Snow Cones
- 1/2 oz grenadine
- 1 oz blue Curacao
- finely crushed ice
Equal parts nostalgia and party-in-a-glass. Slightly on the sweeter side, we wouldn’t have too many or you can expect a killer hangover on Tuesday. Heap cup with crushed ice, going above the top of the glass as the ice will melt quickly. Add in enough Sprite to fill most of the glass. Pour in the grenadine and let it settle at the bottom. Carefully pour the blue curacao over the top of the ice so that it does not completely sink and stays on top. Via www.kirbiecravings.com
- 1 Cup Red CranApple juice
- 1 Cup White Sobe Pina Colada flavored drink
- 1 Cup Blue G2 Gatorade
Fill your glass 1/3 of the way full with CranApple juice. Fill to the top with ice. Slowly pour the remaining drinks directly on top of a piece of ice. You MUST pour SLOWLY, DIRECTLY over ice 🙂 Via www.inkatrinaskitchen.com
Pop Rocks on the Rim(Any)
Add a little firecracker spark to your cocktails (or mocktails for the kids) this summer!
1. Simply dampen the edges of any glass with lemon juice. If you have trouble with the pop rocks clumping or sticking, you can try dipping them in a thin layer of caramel (but only use a small amount).
2. Then dip the rims into a plate filled with the pop rocks of choice.We love the Tropical Blue color for a patriotic blue color that is perfect when paired with a cranberry cocktail!
You can also simply drop the POP ROCKS into your cocktail for a festive FIZZLE! For more pop rocks cocktail ideas, check out www.pizzazzerie.com
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Red & Blue food coloring
At the end of a hot, sunny cookout, there is nothing better than some nice, cold ice cream. For this drink, you can make a simple vanilla shake, separate it into different parts, and add blue and red food dye to get the colors. Or, if you are lucky, your local supermarket might have premade blue and red ice cream. Another great drink for the whole family. Via www.thefashionfoot.com
Happy Red, White & Blue to YOU!
This article is presented by:
Premier Wine & Spirits, offers shoppers the best in service, value, products and experience. Choose from over 600 options in the ever growing craft beer portfolio and thousands of options in the wine and spirits inventory. The Premier Wine & Spirits Experience doesn’t end with their expansive product lines but also carries over to their weekly tastings and gourmet selection of light snacks that pair perfectly with every bottle in the store!
Fine Wine, Craft Beers and Spirits Store | Delaware’s Premier Wine and Spirits
2 locations to serve you
– 2052 Limestone Road in Pike Creek and 23 West Market Street in Newport.
- LIMESTONE Location: (302) 996-9463 | NEWPORT Location: (302) 999-1500
- Limestone Hours: Mon – Sat: 10AM -10PM, Sun: 12 Noon – 8PM
- Newport Hours: Mon – Thurs: 12 Noon – 8PM, Fri/Sat: 12 Noon – 9PM