The Beastie Boys rapped “The sun is beatin’ down on my baseball hat / The air is gettin’ hot, the beer is gettin’ flat” in the classic song Paul Revere. Yep, it’s hot alright…Africa hot! But please don’t let your beer get warm! NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com and Delaware Hop Scene know some ways to keep your brewskis cold and fresh. Stay cool and attend some of these beer-centric events we’ve compiled for you this week! Check out what hoppy happenings are going on from Wednesday, July 27th through Tuesday, August 2nd. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, July 27th
- $3 Wednesdays at Iron Hill Brewery in Newark
- Premier Wine & Spirits presents Movies on Tap: The Blues Brothers
This month’s “Movies on Tap” at Penn Cinema features a meet-and-greet tasting opportunity with Blue Earl Brewing Company along with a screening of the classic film The Blues Brothers. Tickets are $20 which includes beer samples, movie, and popcorn with proceeds benefiting the Food Bank of Delaware. “We’re on a mission from God.”
THURSDAY, July 28th
- Bend and Brew series at Constitution Yards Beer Garden
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Mug Night at the Stone Balloon Ale House
- $2 off growler fills at Peco’s Liquors
- Fat Friends at Two Stones Pub Kennett — Tap Takeover with New Belgium Fat Tire and friends
- Virtue Cider release at Trolley Tap House
- Blue Earl Brewing Company Raspberry Beret Release Party
- It’s Beer:30 at the Blue Rocks game against Lynchburg
The Blue Rocks and Dogfish Head Brewery have crafted Delaware’s best new happy hour at Frawley Stadium! Every Thursday night game from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. on the Dogfish Deck in the first base picnic area, fans will be able to take advantage of special discounts on Dogfish Head craft beers, wine and food! Meet us at Beer:30 every Thursday! It’s also Cowboy Monkey Rodeo night AND there will be post-game fireworks! Talk about a triple header!!!
FRIDAY, July 29th
SATURDAY, July 30th
Celebrating Stewart’s Brewing Company’s 21st year with an outdoor beer festival featuring 20 local and regional breweries, festival food, and live music. We had so much fun last year, we are doing it again! Tickets cost $40 and designated driver tickets are $10. A souvenir tasting glass is included with your ticket purchase.
- Delaware State Fair’s Craft Beer Festival with Blues Traveler and lower case blues
The Delaware State Fair Craft Beer Festival returns featuring Blues Traveler with Delaware’s own lower case blues at the M&T Bank Grandstand. There are two types of tickets you can purchase to join in on this event: Music Only Ticket ($25) or Craft Beer Ticket ($35) — which includes music with 5 beer tickets and a souvenir cup.
It is hard to believe, but Grain is turning one! To celebrate, Grain on Main Street, Newark will have have drink specials and tons of reasons to celebrate. Mispillion River Brewing even brewed a special Grain Anniversary Ale. There will also be three live musical acts, starting at 2 p.m.
SUNDAY, July 31st
- Oddity Bar Sunday
Enjoy Happy Hour from 3-7 p.m. with tons of $2 beers. Various other premium beers cost only $2-5. Stick around for the Night of Divas Drag Show starting at 8 o’clock. It’s only $5!
MONDAY, August 1st
- 15% off craft beer 6-Packs at Peco’s Liquors
- Late Night Happy Hour at Argilla Brewing Company at Pietro’s Pizza from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Grain’s Pokémon Go Party
Grain is a Pokéstop, so bring your smartphone and start catching ’em all! We will be setting lures from 6-8 p.m. to make it truly a target-rich environment. We will have a special Pokémon Prize Pack consisting of a $25 iTunes or Gplay gift card, a USB battery extender, and a lapel pin for your team of choice. We will pick at random from everyone who Tweets their catches to us at @GrainOnMain. A Pokémon trainer and a special Pokémon drink will be available.
TUESDAY, August 2nd
- Flight Club at Chelsea Tavern from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark and Two Stones Pub Wilmington
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here