Warmth and sunshine are what we crave. Cool and refreshing are what we drink. We at Delaware Hop Scene and NorthDelaWHEREHappening.com will let you know where to celebrate the wee beginnings of spring this week with the best craft beer events around! Check out the hoplights for Wednesday, March 9th through Tuesday, March 15th below. As always, feel free to peruse the full sortable calendar of craft beer events at Delaware Hop Scene!
What’s Happening & WHERE This Week in Craft Beer!
WEDNESDAY, March 9th
- $3 Wednesdays at Iron Hill Brewery Newark
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse Wilmington Winter Beer Dinner with brews from The Brooklyn Brewery, Lagunitas, Otter Creek, Wolavers, and Wyerbach
THURSDAY, March 10th
- Dogfish Night at Throwbacks Sports Lounge
- Mug Night at the Stone Ballon Ale House
- The Chadds Ford Historical Society is hosting a “Tavern Talk” called Bugging Out
Tavern Talks is a new monthly series, aimed exclusively for adults 21 and older, that focuses on unexplored aspects of early American history and culture with hands-on activities, food and drink tastings, demonstrations, and more! During this month’s Tavern Talk, guests will have the opportunity to learn about how Colonists used bugs by tasting different types of local honey from Swarmbustin’ Honey, watch demonstrations on using cochineal (a bug used to dye clothing), talk with an 18th century beekeeper, and sample different honey-based beverages that were drank by the Colonists.
FRIDAY, March 11th
- Craft Night at Stanley’s Tavern
SATURDAY, March 12th
- Check our 2016 St. Patrick’s Day Guide to see how the Irish are celebrating early this year
- Grain Craft Bar + Kitchen is hosting the inaugural Newark First Responders Wing Championship
- World Cafe Live at The Queen Grilled Cheese & Craft Beer event
The folks at The Queen have taken two of the best things on earth — Grilled Cheese and Craft Beer — and paired them together in unexpected and delicious ways. How does a Yards Saison paired with Old Bay cheddar on brioche with a mini crab cake sound? Or maybe an Italian Cacio de Lazio on Herbes de Provence bread with tomato and kalamata olive puree along with New Holland Brewing’s Golden Cap Saison Ale?
If that isn’t good enough, after four delectable cheese and beer courses, we finish off with a dessert to die for. Perhaps a Victory Storm King Stout Strawberry shortcake with drunken berries and fresh orange whipped cream?
SUNDAY, March 13th
MONDAY, March 14th
- Tell us of your Monday Beer Event
TUESDAY, March 15th
- Taco Tuesday Madness at Two Stones Pub Newark, Two Stones Pub Wilmington, and Two Stones Pub Kennett
Brought to you by two craft beer loving Hop Heads
Delaware Hop Scene, dedicated to the growing craft beer scene in and around Delaware. We are all about keeping you in the know from who’s making craft beer news, tastings, tap takeover, and beer dinners to special meet-and-greets. We love keeping you up-to-date on the good stuff happening in the First State of Beer.
Get HOPPY, connect with Delaware Hop Scene
- Visit Delaware Hop Scene’s Bloggin Good Time too, click here